Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-28-2012, 06:16 PM   #11
kangasox
Registered Users
seller

We waited 3 weeks last time and my mw asked at my 6 week appt and when I told her (guility) she said that was fine/normal as long as you're feeling good.

Advertisement

kangasox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #12
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
I always get the ok from my doc first.

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #13
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: post partum check-up

A lot of mom's don't wait. That's why my OB gives a pregnancy test at the 6wk pp check up!
I didn't wait the 6wks with my last. The first 3 yes, I waited, but after DD we didn't wait very long!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:06 PM   #14
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

My mw said the only reason "they" tell you to wait is so that you make it to the 6 week check up and you can get on BC.

If you feel up to it, and had no issues, go for it.
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #15
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't attend PP checks, except for for first and second pregnancy. We have never waited 6 weeks to be intimate, including sex, after a baby.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:24 PM   #16
A21Lee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Seriously, I need help with all these abbreviations! BDing-is that the baby-making dance? DTD-doing the deed? We recommend 6 weeks because everything has healed by then and the cervix has closed significantly. Infection is the biggest worry before the 6 week point (since stuff obviously gets injected up in there during intercourse or douching). You do not want an infection in your uterus! That's why they tell you no douche or tampons or intercourse as they can all be a source of infection. So, if there wasn't significant trauma or bleeding during delivery and if you feel up to it and it doesn't cause you discomfort, you've waited long enough, hibbidy dibbity away.
A21Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #17
A21Lee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Also, I agree MDs give you that time frame so that you can make it to the first PP appointment to get on BC and not get pregnant again right away (because it is hard on your body and you need time to heal). However, if you're BFing and go on the minipill (progesterone only), technically you aren't protected against pregnancy immediately after starting the pill, but just being postpartum offers some protection should you DTD earlier than the 6 weeks. Our hospital sends you home with the pill to start 2 weeks after discharge, so you are more than covered by 6 weeks clearance to "exercise."
A21Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:57 PM   #18
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

lol, yeah, it depends totally on how you feel. First we waited 5 weeks, and the second 3 weeks, maybe. The disadvantage (to me) of not waiting the full 6 weeks is that it can make the bleeding start up again because the uterus is still healing.