Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-28-2012, 12:06 PM   #1
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Toddler Nighttime Solution or Sposie Option

Sigh...we have tried it all. Sbish fitteds, bububebe fitteds, wool, Thirsties hemp products and nothing is no longer working. The toddler can outwet them all. What's you're solution or which type of sposie do you use on your toddler if you've gone that route. Just so tired of changing sheets. He's not interested in pling so I really just need a solution. 33 lbs and 37 inches he's just about 2 and a half.

Advertisement

seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:50 PM   #2
Lagoon Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: Nat1111
seller

Have you tried adding a lanolized wool doubler to your fitted/wool? Worth a shot!

http://www.lagoonbaby.com Huge selection of cloth diapers in Canada!
http://www.facebook.com/lagoonbaby
Lagoon Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:57 PM   #3
AmandaA
Registered Users
seller

Re: Toddler Nighttime Solution or Sposie Option

I would also love to know what sposies are working at night for people with heavy wetters. We are using fitteds at night and having pretty good results. However, when we travel that isn't an option and when I have baby #2 later this fall we are going to have to take a short break from cloth all together while I am out of commission for the laundry. DS is 21 months and about 25 pounds. When we use sposies we are a Pampers family. The customer service people at P&G tell me that the Cruisers have the most absorbancy, and we've even tried going up to a size 5 and still saturated to the point of leaking.... even went so far as to put one of my covers over the darn thing! Is there a better sposie out there? Or has anyone used one of the hybrid disposable soakers (Flip, GroVia, etc.) like a doubler inside of a sposie to increase the absorbancy? Should I start looking at men's Depends??? ha ha ha
AmandaA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:20 PM   #4
bubbaloubaby
Registered Users
seller

I have a heavy wetting toddler as well. He out wets sposies and wool covers at night. I use either a sandy's bamboo terri or pooters fitted. Inside I use a total of 3 (1 is folded in half in the front since I have a boy) one size babykicks joeybunz inserts (NOT the premium) and I cover with a mother ease airflow cover. Any other inserts or cover and I will get leaks.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #5
Funky Birdie Boutique
Registered Users
Formerly: chefwendybird
seller

My Mood:

We don't have a huge night issue but SIL did with dn and she loved PL fuzzibunz triple stuffed, hemp and bamboo flats were the main preference over mf... Good luck!

Baltic amber teething & healing jewelry
Come join us:
20% OFF FOR DS MAMAS ONLY, LIMITED TIME SPECIAL!!!!
Funky Birdie Boutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #6
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We have had good luck with the Huggies Overnights. We tried loads of things for overnight too, and few things worked. So far, we've done well with just the Huggies but I have heard of using two disposables. I also would add a doubler to it and or use wool over the sposie if it didn't hold on its own. Good luck, mama, nights can be soooo frustrating!
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:04 PM   #7
lagoon66
Registered Users
seller
seller

We currently use Huggies Overnights too and I actually came on here looking for a cloth alternative, but now I'm hesitant bc I have a heavy wetter! The Huggies are pretty great and much better than the Pamper's Overnights IMO. I get one size larger, make sure it's snug, and pull it high up.
lagoon66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:45 PM   #8
mama2alot
Registered Users

I have an 11 yr old who has a (medical) problem with wetting the bed and was sick of paying for Goodnites that he was out wetting... wet sheets every night. I bought some Bedwetter Pants from Motherease and we have not had wet sheets since. He says they are so much more comfortable than Goodnites. They hold 21 oz and start at 30lbs.
mama2alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:48 PM   #9
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

You also may want to try having him sleep on a fleece blanket, so you aren't changing the entire bed if he does leak

Sent from my droid
Old 08-29-2012, 03:56 AM   #10
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Yes, Huggies Overnights with a wool cover over the top "just incase".
For cloth we had success with a large or toddler me sandy bamboo fitted, with a trifolded flip organic insert, under wool. Just don't like cloth at night though.