Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #1
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Things you need to get

I went through my maternity & baby things today to find out what I need to be buying over the next few months. I do need maternity clothes and I am going out this evening to get some off of CL. I found that I will need some more baby clothes that are neutral as DH doesn't want to know what the sex is. I guess I am TEAM GREEN!

But I did find out what I need to get other than just clothes.
-Newborn & Small diaper covers (I only use pre-folds)
-Early Spring clothes
-Nursing bras
-baby socks

Big items:
-Diaper changing table (only because DH wouldn't like me changing on his side of the bed!)
-Crib mattress (already have the crib from DD)
-Car Seat
-Rocking infant seat (?)
-"Dresser" for baby. I get the big 5 drawer plastic drawers on wheels as it works quite nicely.

I must say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE CraigsList and Ebay. I guess now that I know about Diaperswappers, I can get the diaper covers here!

But the 2 things I HAVE to buy new are the car seat and crib mattress. I am good on getting everything else used. But those 2 I just cannot buy used.

How about you all? Anyone else getting ready even though the 2nd trimester just started?

Advertisement

Last edited by kaylabelle05; 08-20-2012 at 03:19 PM.
kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #2
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My nb stash is mostly complete I just need some nb prowraps/bummis...and girly BG OS, but waiting til Black Friday...ooh and I need some cloth wipes

Since baby looks girly/most likely girl, I need girly clothes, although I have some gn and my froend is letting guving me hand me downs..score!

Eventually I need a swing and exersaucer...everything else I either had, am borrowing or bought.

LOVE buying baby things!
Old 08-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #3
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Things you need to get

rock and play is the only thing i really "need" and i guess i don't need it. But i have the shopping bug.
~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:06 PM   #4
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Once I find out the gender (5 1/2 more weeks) I want to sew up a new diaper stash...otherwise, I may have to sew slip covers for the swing and bouncer, if it's a boy. I'll also need an entire wardrobe if it's a boy. If it's a girl, I don't really HAVE to make or buy anything, but I always like each baby to have some of it's own brand new items.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #5
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

I have also thought about getting a rock n play, we can have the swing in the upstairs den and the rnp in the downstairs den.

I don't know if I am having a boy or girl but my boy was born during the summer. I might need more clothes if I have a boy... But I doubt it. My MIL loves shopping and already had an entire bag of girls clothes so,.. I may not need clothes if I have a girl either. Lol. Either way, I am not shopping til post Christmas.

I need to buy/make covers.

Another diaper pail aka trash can...

Bunk bed and dresser for my son so he can pass on the crib set. That is his Christmas present from us.

That's probably it.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #6
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fancy Pansy View Post
Once I find out the gender (5 1/2 more weeks) I want to sew up a new diaper stash...otherwise, I may have to sew slip covers for the swing and bouncer, if it's a boy. I'll also need an entire wardrobe if it's a boy. If it's a girl, I don't really HAVE to make or buy anything, but I always like each baby to have some of it's own brand new items.
If it is a boy, same here! I have clothes for a girl Newborn-3/6 months but in WINTER clothes! I guess I would have to get summer clothes if this baby is a slow grower like DD.
kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:26 PM   #7
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I need a few maternity clothes and depending on gender(ultrasound in 5 weeks) I will need a few clothes and maybe some boyish swaddle blankets. We may buy Poppy a new carseat and use the TrueFit for the newbie since the headrest comes off but we are not sure. I don't "need" any diapers or covers but may get a few Or some little tiny boy woolies. I don't actually need much at all.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #8
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDever View Post
I need a few maternity clothes and depending on gender(ultrasound in 5 weeks) I will need a few clothes and maybe some boyish swaddle blankets. We may buy Poppy a new carseat and use the TrueFit for the newbie since the headrest comes off but we are not sure. I don't "need" any diapers or covers but may get a few Or some little tiny boy woolies. I don't actually need much at all.
Not to spam, but if this baby stays "girly" I'll have a bunch of swaddle blankets to destash (A+A etc).
Old 08-20-2012, 05:24 PM   #9
abhernandez
Registered Users

This question makes me feel ill. Mostly because the crib ordeal. If I want the crib to meet US safety standards, I have to buy plans from the US and have it custom built. The cribs here... are just... so horrible. And I've looked a lot. I'm guessing most people co-sleep. I know we'll probably end up co-sleeping at first but I want a crib to transition to as soon as possible. But the cost of a custom built crib makes me ill. But putting my kid in one of those horrible little death traps makes me even sicker. I'm half considering a montesorri style floor bed and just baby proofing the whole room. It's tiny. It could just be like one oversized crib. Is that insane? Has anyone done it?
Old 08-20-2012, 06:05 PM   #10
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

ahh good point, i will need a diaper pail.

alice-we just coslept and had a bed rail that goes on top of the mattress so there's not a gap but the mattress on the floor would be better!
~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote