Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-28-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
Crazy Cat Lady In Kansas
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Do I leave feedback?

So I don't post very often here but recently had a transaction that has me frustrated.

On 8/16 I PM'd a member here about an item and a price was agreed upon. I paid the same day, response from the seller (same day) said they would take it to the post office and email back with DC.

A week passes and no communication. I PM again 8/23 and I can see that is read it the same day. No response from them until 8/25 when they go on to tell me they went out of town that past Friday (8/17) and had left instructions with their SO to send various FSOT items out and take some items to the goodwill. Oh and wouldn't you know it the item I had paid for was donated.

I have been refunded but it is tied up for 5 days, I suppose this is normal? I've never had a refund before. I guess what I am asking is since money changed hands we technically entered into a transaction which would warrant feedback correct? I don't know, I would like to give the benefit of the doubt here I guess but I am miffed because of communication. It would be neutral if I did leave it at all. Should I just let it go?

Thanks!

Advertisement

Last edited by Crazy Cat Lady In Kansas; 08-28-2012 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Spelling/Grammar
Crazy Cat Lady In Kansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:02 PM   #2
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do I leave feedback?

I dunno...I'm leaning toward yes, but I wouldn't think negative even though that's prob how it feels. She refunded....once the money has been released, I would just drop it
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:11 PM   #3
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
I would leave neutral, and note the mix up, lack of communication, and that she did refund.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:19 PM   #4
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh View Post
I would leave neutral, and note the mix up, lack of communication, and that she did refund.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
ditto

not a very smart idea on her part.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #5
aflyingbuttress
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't know. I would give this mama the benefit of the doubt. If she went on vacation she probably didn't realize what happened. Maybe on the 23rd she read the email and then went to ask her SO what happened and go through what didn't get donated before she could respond, then wasn't able to get back to it right away. If she then refunded you without you even asking it seems to me that she was trying to do what's right.

It doesn't seem like she was lying about anything. If she still had it she probably would have explained (or made up some excuse) and then asked if you still wanted it. I'm not sure what there is to doubt about her story. Communication could have been better but in reality she only forgot to PM you the DC and then she did actually respond to your first email after that (even if slowly) without you having to prompt her a second time, which tells me she just needed some time to figure out what happened to the item you purchased and had every intention of getting back to you.
aflyingbuttress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:08 PM   #6
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Even if she did go on vacation the next day, she could have very easily put the package in the mail the night before, the next morning or on her way out of town. She also should have communicated with her SO to make sure they did everything when they were supposed to and on time. When she found out the mistake she should have refunded right away and contacted you with an apology.

Per DS rules, you technically can leave feedback since the refund happened after the first 24 hours.

I think I would leave neutral and explain the reason. Being flaky just really isn't acceptable when you are giving someone your money. Oh, and the reason it is taking so long is because she had already spent the money in her PP that you sent her.
SAHM to Keila 9/08 and Brycen 10/10. Expecting #3 ~Our Rainbow Baby~ March 2015!
Mamaleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:15 PM   #7
Crazy Cat Lady In Kansas
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamaleah View Post
Even if she did go on vacation the next day, she could have very easily put the package in the mail the night before, the next morning or on her way out of town. She also should have communicated with her SO to make sure they did everything when they were supposed to and on time. When she found out the mistake she should have refunded right away and contacted you with an apology.

Per DS rules, you technically can leave feedback since the refund happened after the first 24 hours.

I think I would leave neutral and explain the reason. Being flaky just really isn't acceptable when you are giving someone your money. Oh, and the reason it is taking so long is because she had already spent the money in her PP that you sent her.

Thank you! You summed up my thoughts about the issue. As for the paypal thing, thank you for explaining. I didn't understand why that was. I hope it will clear in the next day or two.

Crazy Cat Lady In Kansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:02 PM   #8
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

that is not necessarily true. It happens when the original transaction hasn't "cleared" on their end. I have had transactions where this happened. Even though it has come out of my bank account, they don't show it as "cleared" for a certain number of days (pretty sure it's 10). After that date they release the refund. I had a mama give me a partial refund, but they held the full amount until my payment "cleared"
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:44 AM   #9
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Paypal's new thing is to make refunds wait a few days to go through with a few exceptions. It's frustrating, but it's real.
themamageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:14 AM   #10
aflyingbuttress
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:

It's genuinely possible she thought her SO had it handled. I send my DH to the post office for me all the time. I wouldn't have any reservations about doing that if I were going on vacation and I wouldn't think to check up on him since he's never forgotten or gotten it wrong. I don't think she should have refunded until she looked into the matter to check what happened with the package. For all she knew the buyer got the package and was claiming she didn't. I think its completely within reason for her to check that out first.

I guess I'm just surprised because, to me, the transaction really didn't go THAT badly. Accidents happen. She forgot to PM you once and then she responded a little late to your first email about it, then she refunded without being asked.

I know you're not leaving negative but what surprises me is that here on DS the general consensus about feedback (from what I have seen) has been that mamas seem to want to bend over backwards to leave positive whenever their transaction resulted in the seller "doing the right thing". Either that or they lean to leaving nothing at all.

Anyway, not trying to be argumentative, but this is why I am surprised someone would leave neutral for this.
aflyingbuttress is offline   Reply With Quote