Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-29-2012, 08:36 AM   #11
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aflyingbuttress

It's genuinely possible she thought her SO had it handled. I send my DH to the post office for me all the time. I wouldn't have any reservations about doing that if I were going on vacation and I wouldn't think to check up on him since he's never forgotten or gotten it wrong. I don't think she should have refunded until she looked into the matter to check what happened with the package. For all she knew the buyer got the package and was claiming she didn't. I think its completely within reason for her to check that out first.

I guess I'm just surprised because, to me, the transaction really didn't go THAT badly. Accidents happen. She forgot to PM you once and then she responded a little late to your first email about it, then she refunded without being asked.

I know you're not leaving negative but what surprises me is that here on DS the general consensus about feedback (from what I have seen) has been that mamas seem to want to bend over backwards to leave positive whenever their transaction resulted in the seller "doing the right thing". Either that or they lean to leaving nothing at all.

Anyway, not trying to be argumentative, but this is why I am surprised someone would leave neutral for this.
Why? It was HER responsibility, not her DH's, to make sure the item was not donated. And HER responsibility, not her DH's, to make sure the package was mailed properly. And HER responsibility to verify DC and send it when asked. She entered in this transaction, and had a responsibility to see it was done properly on her end. She didn't. That's her mistake, for whatever reason. OP is out what she paid for. I certainly wouldn't consider that a positive buy. Genuine mistake or not, it was still handled poorly IMO as it all was her responsibility.

And personally, though it's just a matter of courtesy, I would've even said I'd be on vacation starting X day, if any issues arise I'll get back to you. That would've avoided the less than stellar communication concern.

I don't consider neutral to be bad FB, personally. To me it says, some things happened, the buyer made it right, and I'm satisfied with the result. Seems to define this situation perfectly IMO as long as the refund comes through -shrug-

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum

Advertisement

Last edited by Hillargh; 08-29-2012 at 08:41 AM.
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #12
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Do I leave feedback?

I think it sounds like an honest mistake, it sucks but i wouldnt leave negative, if you feel like you need to leave FB i would leave neutral.

She trusted her hubby to do, yes she could have done it herself before but we are all busy mamas who knows what was going on in her life at that time, maybe something important or an emergency came up.

Yes its always ideal to handle your transactions yourself but sometimes we have to trust our spouses with your responsibilities. he messed up, it stinks and she gave a refund, i think communication probably could have been better but i dont think she deserves negative. Id be annoyed if i were the buyer but it really sounds like an honest mistake
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #13
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think it sounds like an honest mistake, it sucks but i wouldnt leave negative, if you feel like you need to leave FB i would leave neutral.

She trusted her hubby to do, yes she could have done it herself before but we are all busy mamas who knows what was going on in her life at that time, maybe something important or an emergency came up.

Yes its always ideal to handle your transactions yourself but sometimes we have to trust our spouses with your responsibilities. he messed up, it stinks and she gave a refund, i think communication probably could have been better but i dont think she deserves negative. Id be annoyed if i were the buyer but it really sounds like an honest mistake
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:16 PM   #14
mommasave36
Registered Users
seller

You'll still want to leave some sort of feedback to at least note the mistake. Mistakes happen and most often is a one time thing. As soon as she discovered the error, she fixed it to the best of her ability. Is this seller flaky? Not if it's the first and last time she expects this to happen but if this irresponsibility continues, there needs to be a way to document it. Which is where the feedback comes in. Now the only thing upsetting is that your PP is held up. When buyers enter into a transaction, they should be aware of this risk and have compassion when an issue arises. Let the buyer know in the notes section that you aren't angry with the her, just frustrated with the situation and that your feedback is simply noting the events of the transaction. Would you bst with this seller again? Were her messages polite and apologetic?
Old 08-29-2012, 03:24 PM   #15
JulieM2GE
Registered Users

So somewhat of the same issue... I'm not sure what to do. I purchased 3 dipes last Tuesday, seller said she would mail latest Friday. I got a DC email Sunday night so they probably went in the mail Monday morning. The DC said they were supposed to be delivered today Wednesday and they weren't with the rest of my mail. It bothers me that I paid for a diaper on Tuesday and she said she would mail by Friday and she didn't. I'm thinking of leaving neutral feedback as long as I get my diapers tomorrow. I will explain in feedback that seller didn't ship when she said she would. And I haven't heard anything from her saying why they didnt go out on time.
JulieM2GE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:46 PM   #16
expaik
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieM2GE View Post
So somewhat of the same issue... I'm not sure what to do. I purchased 3 dipes last Tuesday, seller said she would mail latest Friday. I got a DC email Sunday night so they probably went in the mail Monday morning. The DC said they were supposed to be delivered today Wednesday and they weren't with the rest of my mail. It bothers me that I paid for a diaper on Tuesday and she said she would mail by Friday and she didn't. I'm thinking of leaving neutral feedback as long as I get my diapers tomorrow. I will explain in feedback that seller didn't ship when she said she would. And I haven't heard anything from her saying why they didnt go out on time.
Did you ask her and she didn't respond? Or are you miffed that she didn't voluntarily offer an apology and an explanation for the slight delay?

Sorry, but I feel in this case your neutral feedback is unnecessarily punitive. I DEFINITELY felt that way in another recent case on this forum (not this thread).

Yes, neutral isn't negative, but it's kind of a slap in the face. I haven't received one here but when I got my first and only neutral on eBay it SUCKED, especially as I felt I did everything I could to please the buyer.

Many sellers tell buyers when they plan to ship, but things happen, and a 1-day delay - since Sat/Sun are not business days - is not at all unheard of (in fact, I'd say in about 70% of my trades, the other mama ships later than her first promised date). I don't make a fuss about that. A whole week, maybe.

Last edited by expaik; 08-29-2012 at 04:50 PM.
expaik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:22 PM   #17
earthflower
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieM2GE View Post

She still has 5 business days to ship, so she is within DS's guidelines/rules.
earthflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:51 PM   #18
Mack
Registered Users
seller

I think "goodwill donation" is now an excuse for "i changed my mind". There Is no way to prove it of course. But I had someone tell me Their husband donated a $100 item... i would leave negative.
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:11 PM   #19
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

OP...just curious WHAT exactly the DH mixed up...cause if he was supposed to send you a package and donate some stuff to goodwill....if he accidentially donated YOUR item to goodwill....then you should be receiving the "goodwill" item....right??

I personally think it sounds fishy if no package for you was ever sent then it isn't really a "mix-up"...

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:20 PM   #20
CaliRoll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I wouldn't trust my DH to mail a package for me unless the package was sealed, labeled, and ready to ship and all he had to do was drop it at the post office. It sounds like she just left him a pile of stuff to sort, package, label, and deliver to various locations. That's not a mistake, that's poor planning, and deserves neutral feedback.

Odd that she went on vacation without her SO.
CaliRoll is offline   Reply With Quote