Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #21
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

I always think people who do that have a bill to pay and find a way to 'scam' without scamming, to be honest, it's weird and I'm not stupid!!!

Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 09:18 PM   #22
mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRoll
I wouldn't trust my DH to mail a package for me unless the package was sealed, labeled, and ready to ship and all he had to do was drop it at the post office. It sounds like she just left him a pile of stuff to sort, package, label, and deliver to various locations. That's not a mistake, that's poor planning, and deserves neutral feedback.

Odd that she went on vacation without her SO.
My thought exactly.

Positive if you get what you paid for. Negative if there's issues and they don't make them right. So neutral is exactly right in this case. And if she's doing it repeatedly, the truth will be in the feedback.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
Old 08-30-2012, 05:59 AM   #23
aflyingbuttress
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Do I leave feedback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRoll View Post
I wouldn't trust my DH to mail a package for me unless the package was sealed, labeled, and ready to ship and all he had to do was drop it at the post office. It sounds like she just left him a pile of stuff to sort, package, label, and deliver to various locations. That's not a mistake, that's poor planning, and deserves neutral feedback.

Odd that she went on vacation without her SO.
Yeah. You are probably right. I hadn't thought of it quite like this but that is the explanation that makes the most sense.
aflyingbuttress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:16 AM   #24
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:

I'm not sure I believe her explanation. Who leaves a big pile of stuff to both mail and donate without it being labeled, or sorted, or something. Wouldn't she already have the sold items packaged? And if not, she would at least have to have written down what went where for him or else how we he know from an unsorted pile where to mail "several sold items"?

It seems like in so many bad transactions, people are always mysteriously "on vacation"...

Maybe ask her to go to Goodwill and buy it back for you.

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:51 AM   #25
TwistedBranches
Registered Users
Formerly: MommaCrunch82
seller
seller

My Mood:

While I don't necesarily believe that mama's explanation either, I do give her the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe she went on a vacation that wasn't really a vacation. Maybe she went to visit another family member without her SO and called it a vacation. Maybe "vacation" is code for something else. We can talk about this all day till the cows come home but it's just speculation as to what really happened.

The fact stands that you paid for something and did not recieve it. The momma responded to the PM (eventually), and refunded you PP, and apologised, and provided her reason of what happened.

I do think that there was a huge mess up on her part. I think it is warranted to leave neutral feedback in this case. It may just be a one time mess-up with this mama. But, it also may not be. Leaving the neutral feedback lets other buyers (and potential buyers) know what had happened in the transaction. That way, if it ends up being a problem in the long run, there's a history there.

Follow me on Pinterest! || Twisted Branches Woodburnings || TwistedBranches WAHM Thread
TwistedBranches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #26
Kristi26
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieM2GE View Post
So somewhat of the same issue... I'm not sure what to do. I purchased 3 dipes last Tuesday, seller said she would mail latest Friday. I got a DC email Sunday night so they probably went in the mail Monday morning. The DC said they were supposed to be delivered today Wednesday and they weren't with the rest of my mail. It bothers me that I paid for a diaper on Tuesday and she said she would mail by Friday and she didn't. I'm thinking of leaving neutral feedback as long as I get my diapers tomorrow. I will explain in feedback that seller didn't ship when she said she would. And I haven't heard anything from her saying why they didnt go out on time.
I don't think you should be leaving neutral for that. DS guidelines state that the seller has 5 business days (meaning Saturday, Sunday, and holidays don't count) to mail their item to the buyer. 99% of the sellers on here are mamas with other responsibilities that sometimes cause a delay or two.
-Kristi,wife(5/02), , HSing, CDing,SAHM to Andrew(1/00), Lukas(2/03),Lily (1/06),and Ian (5/09) !Sweet Gwen, stillborn, 12/26/11, angel baby 7/08 Free History plans and more here: http://themommywriter.blogspot.com/
Kristi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:40 PM   #27
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi26

I don't think you should be leaving neutral for that. DS guidelines state that the seller has 5 business days (meaning Saturday, Sunday, and holidays don't count) to mail their item to the buyer. 99% of the sellers on here are mamas with other responsibilities that sometimes cause a delay or two.
Then they also shouldn't quote a specific day, and not inform the customer of delay.

While I don't think a minor delay warrants neutral, I also don't think promises should be made by a business (home or not) and not followed through; especially without a heads up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:15 PM   #28
Trynitey
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMercy View Post
I'm not sure I believe her explanation. Who leaves a big pile of stuff to both mail and donate without it being labeled, or sorted, or something. Wouldn't she already have the sold items packaged? And if not, she would at least have to have written down what went where for him or else how we he know from an unsorted pile where to mail "several sold items"?
That is my thought process. They would have had to been labeled at the very least. I doubt she just decided her husband knew exactly what was sold without telling him/writing it down. I have DH go to the post office for me all the time too when I can't get them in the mail for pickup the same or next day, but they are packaged, sealed and have the label on them so that all he has to do is drop them off at the post office.

Since refund was given but communication and errors on her part happened, I'd leave a neutral stating that seller had lack of communication and "donated" her items and took her awhile to respond and refund.
Need Extra Money? Swagbucks or Persona Paper

Last edited by Trynitey; 09-01-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Trynitey is offline   Reply With Quote