Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
max'smamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Do I need flats larger than this to get me to PLing?

I just got some Diaper Rite UB larges, and after several washes, they measure 25 1/2 inches by 29 inches. They are plenty for my 11 week old baby. Will these be large enough for a toddler, though? I am wanting to get more flats. I LOVE how soft the DRs are, but I'm wondering if I should get a dozen GMD larges instead because they're bigger. I don't want to have to pay more for the GMDs, though, if the DR larges will be big enough all the way through to PLing.

I should add that I fold my flats and snappi and am not looking to padfold in a cover (I'm streamlining to only wool and Dappi pull-on pants). I also would not like to use doublers. If I need extra, I'll just padfold a flat in a folded flat. I figure my flour sack towels will eventually be useful again for this.

So...GMD for the size for a toddler or will DR larges work fine?

Advertisement

max'smamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #2
cboytitan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do I need flats larger than this to get me to PLing?

I use Wal-Mart flour sack towels for my toddler - I will double up if I know it's going to be nap time soon or such.

I have a modified diaper bag fold that I use so the wings are wide enough to wrap around and use one original boingo (since that's all I got).

cboytitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:10 AM   #3
max'smamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboytitan View Post
I use Wal-Mart flour sack towels for my toddler - I will double up if I know it's going to be nap time soon or such.

I have a modified diaper bag fold that I use so the wings are wide enough to wrap around and use one original boingo (since that's all I got).
I'd love to see your modified version...or if you could explain it? I like big wings but not really thin ones like with origami.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:18 AM   #4
cboytitan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

well the wings are only like 2 layer thick - but they are wide enough to wrap over each other in the front.

cboytitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #5
max'smamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I feel pretty confident the DR larges will be fine. Just ordered a dozen more! And free shipping right now for orders over $19!
Old 08-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #6
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

There was about a year with our LO when a diaper of that size wouldn't Snappi, but using 2 whole diapers would have been too bulky.

Given that you prefer not to use a doubler, or to pad fold, I think you should get a bigger size. However, larges might be too large?

I'd visit the GMD page and possibly email for suggestions, on which size allows long-term fastenability without a doubler, until the baby is big enough to use 2 diapers.

Also, it looks like the GMD will be larger than the Diaper Rites, and more square, after washing.

Last edited by TrennaII; 08-29-2012 at 02:48 PM.
TrennaII is offline   Reply With Quote