Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-29-2012, 12:58 PM   #1
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
FB xs and other NB diaper reviews

just looking for some fuzzibunz XS reviews? I am working on building a stash for the one we are TTC .

Im planning on getting some Lil Joey's and Kissluv Sz. 0's also becasue I like the cord snap down.

What other diapers have a snap down?

Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 08:53 PM   #2
eileprose
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am currently using a mix of nb rental diapers for my one month old. My newborn rental came with bum genius aio in newborn, fuzzi bunz small, tiny tush, lil joey's nb, happy heinys mini, and several covers and prefolds. My favorites so far are the bum genius.

I am really loving the bg aios. They are aplix and super easy to use. My lo has gained about a pound a week and the aplix are the only ones that we can adjust to alway fit. I also like the happy heinys (aplix) and tiny tush. The lil joey's were great at first but now she is between snap sizes and can't wear them at all.

I thought that I would love the fuzzi bunz (to the point that I had bought 3 OS while I was pregnant) but I don't. I find them really hard to stuff. The pul sticks to the insert and it just doesn't want to go in. I am wondering if something is wrong with the pul because these are the only pockets that are so hard to stuff. I know that the fuzzi bunz diapers were used when I got them but I think the pul should be holding up better. I also really hate the way the leg and back elastic is adjusted. I thought this would be a great feature but now it's just a pain. I can't seem to get the settings right and they always leave red marks across my baby's back. Not to mention that they wick moisture through the leg holes, the inner lining comes down to far and if she is wearing pants they get wet where the diaper touches them.

Honestly, I love my AIOs and my covers and prefolds. They both work well all of the time and they are easy to use. I would also recommend aplix for the nb stage. I know everyone talks about how aplix doesn't hold up but during the nb period they grow so fast, at least for me, the snaps don't keep up.

Sorry if this was a bit of a long rant, I hope it was helpful though. Good luck!

PS. Typed it on my iPhone with a sleeping baby on my chest, I hope my typing isn't too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
eileprose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #3
Kayla1981
Registered Users
seller

Re: FB xs and other NB diaper reviews

For us, pockets did not work. I use pockets on my toddler and get the occasional leak but they leaked every time on my newborn. I'm thinking she is a super soaker though so maybe that's why?

My favorites are prefolds with a PUL or wool cover, Nana's Bottoms and some WAHM fitteds. Those are the only ones that did not leak. The WAHMS were the only ones that snapped down but they don't have a tag. It's too bad b/c I love them!
Old 08-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #4
dannic
Registered Users

I have heard great reviews on simplex nb's...they have a snap down andd also go to 15 lbs. I am due in 5 wks !() so I'll have reviews of my own soon, but I seriously have not heard a bad thing about them...I believe Cadensmum did a review/rave on them recently.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:18 PM   #5
momgoddess
Registered Users
seller

I loved xs FB on my newborn. They were trim and fit really well. They were just enough absorbency for a newborn, IMO.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:46 AM   #6
luvthefluff
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i am not a fan of the bg aio..i couldnt use them untill the cord fell off because it rubbed and irritated my lo's cord. lil joeys are so far so good for us altho i have heard after a couple weeks when they start peein more they leak..we shall see..my lo is 2 weeks old tomorrow. to be honest my favorite is newborn fitteds..most have a snap down for the cord and they are perfect with wool...no leaks there..even with pul covers i havent had a single leak.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:55 AM   #7
madmollyann
Registered Users
seller

I love the NB Simplex. They fit immediately (7lb 9oz), and the snap down was crucial, as she decided to hold on to the cord for 2+ weeks. They wash and dry really well. We've had no fit issues- at 9lb 6oz she's still on the middle snaps. Also- can't beat the prints.
madmollyann is offline   Reply With Quote