Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-28-2012, 09:15 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Thinking Christmas?

Yeah I know it is still a ways off but I am a planner and I like to have my shopping down asap lol.

Each kid gets four things, a want, need, play and read. Plus they get a Santa gift and a stocking stuffed with random things.

This is what I am thinking so far. ( If they are blank I have not decided yet )

want - lego batman for the wii
need - clothes ( dino hoodie )
play - starwars guys
read - some kind of science book
stocking - tooth brush and ?
Santa gift -

DD 1 -
want - lala loopsy DS game
need - clothes
play -
read - fancy nancy or princess book
stocking - tooth brush, barbie clothes and ?
Santa gift - Pink DS

DD 2 -
want -
need - clothes
play -
read - Big dora story book
stocking - tooth brush and ?
Santa gift -

DD 3 -
want -
need - cloth diapers or woolies
play -
read - a few babies 1st books
stocking -
Santa gift -

As you see I am not sure what to get for several things!

~Whitney~ adoring wife to Chris, mama to five little minions, Alex, Destiny, Kairi, Amelia and Cassandra!

Last edited by whitneywalters; 08-31-2012 at 02:11 PM.
whitneywalters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Thinking Christmas?

Looks good. I don't have any rules for Christmas, changes each year depending on what is going on. This year they're getting 1 present each and then 3 presents together. Not sure on their individual present yet, but for their together presents they are getting some new books, a wildlife habitat for insects (we're going to do catepillers in the spring and hope they grow into butterflys) and a science kit. They'll get a few small things in their stockings, not sure what yet.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:55 AM   #3
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
My Mood:
My daughter's 4th birthday is in September so I've been thinking about that. I got her:
beautiful knitted wool food from Palumba,
Suncoat Girl fuchsia peelable polish for her toes,
a tiny Hello Kitty Pirate notebook that I purchased for myself 5 years ago
some pretty goat soaps from the co-op
a little pill box that has a few gemstones in it (I collect and she's fascinated).

We change what we buy for Christmas. Last year was light because not much was really needed. I think this year will be light too.

My son will be 16 months and there is not much doubt that I'll be hopping in on the DS Mama Made Them co-op (October?) for some wooden tools for him. Plus, a hammer and pegs for the holes in our Nilo table. I used to think my daughter was boyish until I had a boy.

Depending upon how things go with the wool food, my daughter may get more. Other than that, she would likely be happy with some big bows for her hair (Angelina again) and a few Schleich figurines - knights and princesses.

I know we have less actual toys than most people do, but we still have SO MUCH. My son will be out of his baby phase soon though, and a lot of that will go away forever.
Danielle, Nick, Gigi ('08) and William ('11)
Happy Family
danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:18 AM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

I need to start planning as well. I am due Jan. 24th and praying baby stays put (preemie with DS2). I'd like to be prepared JUST IN CASE. We are thinking of doing less gifts but more of what they will use. Both want a DS so bad so we are thinking one for each boy and a game each, some clothes and maybe a few other things. I have no idea..both boys have b-days so close to Christmas it is toy overload..
Wife to Rashaan , Mommy to Miles, Jai, Laila and our angel baby2/12.
cristy_1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:04 PM   #5
Registered Users

I'm hoping ot be done my shopping before the middle of Oct since I'm due Nov 2 and don't want ot to be rushing around christmas shopping with a special needs newborn!!!

DD (16 years)

pj's (bought)
other clothes

DS1 (2.5 years)

pj's (bought)
Thomas wooden train set (bought)
Mama made superman/bateman reversable cape (also making for all nieces and nephews of IL's side (all 9 yrs or under)

DS2 (due in November)

not sure - maybe new diapers if he is already growing out of the NB stash I have
have some new sensory soft toys (bought)

Then they all get little stocking stuff but DH is great at buying that stuff so it can be done closer to christmas

We're buying a new tv and tent trailer for the family this year so no husband/wife presents but i will get DH some new pj's

Getting the kids pictures done after the baby comes so family will get those framed for christmas and maybe some of the jams I have been canning this summer!!!
mumtwiceover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:

10 to 15 for stockings & 25 ish for other tree gifts.
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:33 PM   #7
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
My Mood:

We usually go WAY overboard because I love watching them open gifts. This year we are doing "want, need, wear, read" plus stocking and Santa...nearly identical to yours.

want- **not sure yet, but he's obsessed with dinosaurs, so probably something in that area
need- **not sure yet...this is tough because he doesn't *need* anything
wear-sweatshirt/hoodie in his next size (should be ready for that size by Jan) and some new underwear. He got a whole new wardrobe for school, so he doesn't need much of anything.
read-early reader books. He loves to read!!
stocking-this part is easy cuz it's always the same theme: toothbrush, toothpaste, body wash, new kid loofah, socks and a treat (prob fruit snacks)
Santa-new bedding and accessories...I'm very excited about this!

want- *not a clue
need- *he doesn't need anything either
wear- *not sure...I suck at this lol
read-full length board books (love the dr seuss ones)
stocking-toothbrush, toothpaste, body wash, new kid loofah, socks and a treat (prob fruit snacks)
Santa-also new bedding

want- ??
need- ??
wear- ??
read-board books
stockings-toothbrush, toothpaste, body wash, new kid loofah, socks and a treat (prob fruit snacks)
Santa---haven't decided yet here, but probably bedding also. He will be moving into DS2's room when we have #4, so I will probably get him bedding to match that set.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:47 PM   #8
Registered Users
My Mood:
I have been talking with my husband about Christmas. We are planning on having all shopping done in the next 2 months.

Emma wants a doll house, Nintendo ds, some type of MP3 player that is on the cheaper side since she is 5, and random little toys.

Noah wants , clothes, basketball hoop, shoes, Nintendo ds, beats, and some cologne.

We do stocking stuffers too, usually candy, toothbrushes, and little toys.
Miranda , Nursing student and mommy to the coolest kids EVER! Married to Jeff 9-5-1998 ........... Mommy to Noah 10-5-1999Emma 7-26-2007 Snooki ( Phantom Poodle) 1-6-2011 Poppi (chihuahua)9-26-13
flintgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:51 PM   #9
Registered Users
My Mood:
I am a compulsive shopper. This is what I have bought so far...

DS is getting a Leappad2 and some games. I already have it stored away so I could make sure I could fine one.

DD is getting Barbie and American Girl clothes, and an AG doll I have put away that belonged to a friend.

DD2 is getting clothes and I don't know what else. We have so many toys already!
Middle school teacher by day, super mom by night
Mommy to The Boss~2007, The Energizer Bunny~2009, and The Princess~2011
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...

Last edited by luvsviola; 08-29-2012 at 06:10 PM.
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #10
No Longer Here
My Mood:
Havent thought much about it.

Know we want a macbook, the new wii if we can find one. And my kids are obsessed with beyblades. And some sensory room stuff for my 2.5 year old.

We usually shop after turkey day but this year ate starting early.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote