Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-29-2012, 04:55 AM   #1
Registered Users
Too much detergent?

Im new to CDing and have only prepped my diapers and have washed them 3 times so far. I do a cold rinse first, then hot wash with only 2 tablespoons of rockin green classic, with cold rinse and have to run another entire cycle with out soap to be bubble free ( cold/cold basically equals 2 more rinses ).
I check the water during every rinse to see if it's clear and suds free.

Am I using to much soap? Two tablespoons doesnt seem like a whole lot especially when we have hard water and I'm washing about 10-15 AIO newborn size diapers at the MAX water level in a top loader machine...

Any ideas?

aemarques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:28 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Too much detergent?

It should have directions on package. Top loads & front loads need different amounts. Like one sample I have says front load 1 to 2 tbsp & top load 3 to 4 ttbsp. & soft & hard water differences. I don't know on rocking green but u only check for bubbles if u strip like there is a build up. Just wash $egular cycle I think to prep compared to the actual dirty stuff u will b doing. U should b good. I saw that if natural fibers are really only ones needing prep. Cds in load sounds good. So I would try 4 tbsp in top load. I have soft water too so not sure on that part. I think my sample of another says more on 4 if hard. I don't have infront of me high now. He too is different if u have he top load vs front load he......
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #3
Miss squish
Registered Users

I have been using RNG and found that it helps if the extra rinse is warm. I use 2-3 tbsp in my top loader with just on the hard side of average ph water (amount depends on how many poopy dipes are in there). I can only do a cold rinse with my hot cycle so I do am extra warm after. I have tested by doing another rinse and that second extra is always bubble free when I do warm but not always when I have done cold. Maybe give that a shot.
Miss squish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #4
DS Addict
Formerly: K*B*T*M*
My Mood:

I think you could use more detergent and by fine. And if that doesn't work try using tide and see if it makes a difference. rng doesn't work for everyone depending on many factors so see how it goes. but I don't think you're using too much.
mama of two lovely kids!
Zepp is offline   Reply With Quote