Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #21
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Weight gain thus far?

I have gained about .5 a lb.

but I've eaten half a box of cereal today, so tomorrow might be a different story. Assuming I can eat dinner tonight anyways.

Advertisement

Old 08-30-2012, 02:09 PM   #22
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybug1 View Post
Is there any safe way to really manage our weight during pregnancy?
well, seeing as I gained 40lbs with DD (doctors say 35 is acceptable), and I was walking 4miles about 3-4 times a week..... I'd say no.

lol

of course, my husband buying me milkshakes was probably part of that issue.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:14 PM   #23
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm 9w3d and I've gained two pounds.

I have gained 65, 55, 35, 38, 38 with my other pregnancies but I usually eat small meals often and walk a lot. This time I think long naps are actually what my body desperately needs so I haven't worked out at all.

I don't focus on weight at all. Health is what matters.

And FWIW, breast feeding doesn't help me lose weight at all. I can not ever lose weight postpartum until baby/toddler weans.
Beth, Christian mama of 5 (expecting #6 Spring 2013).
Check out my blog Heart Stirred with Wisdom
4dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:35 PM   #24
Lilybug1
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
I never lost it all from the 1st two, and BFing is supposed to help I shudder to think how big I would've been otherwise...

I think the best you can do is continue to eat healthy and be active....
I breastfed my last one for 12 months thinking that maybe it could help me lose the weight. I did lose some, but it also prevented me from extreme dieting since I had to think about the baby's needs. I thought my supply was dipping and it turns out I was pregnant.
Lilybug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #25
Lilybug1
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dramamama View Post

I don't focus on weight at all. Health is what matters.

I hear you, but honestly gained a ton of weight on top of a ton of weight doesn't sound healthy to me for me or my baby. My babies have been increasingly larger and I am entertaining the thought of a VBAC and I think the size could hinder things.
Lilybug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #26
emkeegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
While breastfeeding does help you lose weight, it's commonly over a year long period that it happens. A lot of women don't BF for that whole length, so they do not reap the full benefits of BF for weightloss.

In this country, we as women don't give ourselves any slack! To think that you can be back into your skinny jeans at 2 months postpartum is crazy! The celebs that pull that off have nannys, personal trainers, and a career that is hinging on it! /end rant

Anyways, I am down a few pounds, but the tummy is popping already. With my first, I gained 30 pounds, which I think was excessive for me (I am tall to begin with). I'm aiming to eat healthy, listen to my hunger, not indulge a lot, and swim thru the pregnancy.

A friend of mine was telling me a story of her cousin who is currently pregnant & just starting her 3rd trimester? She's lost 35 pounds so far & routinely passes out, hooked to iv's... As much as I envy losing 35 pounds, I do NOT envy for one second how she got there!
Old 08-30-2012, 08:15 PM   #27
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkeegan View Post
In this country, we as women don't give ourselves any slack! To think that you can be back into your skinny jeans at 2 months postpartum is crazy! The celebs that pull that off have nannys, personal trainers, and a career that is hinging on it! /end rant
That's so true. I said I lose the weight by 2-3 months pp, and I do, but I don't look the same at that point, kwim?
I always like the idea that it takes you 9 months to put it on, it should take 9 months to take it off!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #28
delicatefade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, lucky me, I gain fast in the first trimester, and then it slows down. I'm 8 weeks tomorrow, and up 4 pounds. This is totally normal for me, and I have never gained more than 30 pounds through my pregnancies. While right now it's not fun, because I hate seeing the weight go up, I'm also fighting nausea with food, so I know where it's coming from LOL!

Holland Grace is here! (14/4/2013)
delicatefade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:25 PM   #29
chillimom
Registered Users

I'm up about 2 lbs, but I think that's because a)I was dieting when I got pregnant and since have stopped (was on the Visalus 90 day challenge) and b)I'm um, pretty backed up

If this all-day-sickness eases up I'll gain weight I'm sure. If not, then probably won't gain anything in the first trimester. I'm so sick everything just makes me want to barf The only time I feel okay is if I don't eat, which obviously isn't good either. I started diclectin last night and am working on just eating little bits of whatever appeals whenever it appeals.
chillimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:29 PM   #30
andrea020611
Registered Users

I haven't gained anything yet. Last pregnancy I lost weight in the first trimester and I would guess this time will be the same. I'm taking diclectin and it's helping a bit but I still don't feel like eating. I gained about 25 pounds last time once I started feeling better.