Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-16-2012, 11:35 AM   #11
Lousli
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: DH gets the V tomorrow...

My oldest had a playdate yesterday with a friend. The mom and I worked together for a few years and were pregnant with our youngest at the exact same time (her fourth, my third.) Imagine my surprise when I went to drop off my dd yesterday and my friend said, "Guess what?" and patted her tummy!

I was totally shocked. So was she, apparently. It brought up a lot of different emotions for me, 2 days away from my husband's vasectomy and currently having my period, lol. On the one hand, I got a little sad, thinking that i would never be there again. But on another, really BIG hand, I thought, "Thank God that isn't me right now!" So I'm starting to feel more at peace with this decision.

Advertisement

Old 09-18-2012, 08:28 AM   #12
Just Ducky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: DH gets the V tomorrow...

It'll be okay. And it's not the end of possibility. Vasectomy reversal procedures work pretty well and there is always IVF if a reversal doesn't work. So if your circumstances change, you can still have another kiddo some time down the road. Just think of it as super easy (after the initial procedure and healing time), super cost effective long term birth control.

And remember, some day there will be grandchildren. So even if you don't have any more babies yourself, you will get to have babies again when your kids are all grown up. And from what my mom has said, as much as you love and enjoy your babies now it's even better with grandkids because you have all the love and all the cute and all the fun without all the stress.
Just Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote