Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-29-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
ellejaydub
Registered Users

Need longies help x2: leggings-style / extra-soft & bulletproof

I need some fall/winter-weight longies that we can use as leggings under dresses, and I would strongly prefer them in solid colors... maybe these don't exist because I've been scouring HC & etsy and googling like a madwoman! Some sellers don't show pics OTB so I can't tell how they fit, but I definitely want a skinny style leg to minimize bulk under dresses. I know sbish is now making something just like this, but they come in very limited colors and I'm not thrilled with any of them for my girlie (Sugar is pretty but I just can't bring myself to pay $72 for something that -- while very lovely -- is going to show a ton of dirt!).

If you have a better idea for cold weather, please share! I just couldn't think of anything to keep her legs warm when she's in dresses, unless I put her in sposies and regular leggings, which I would rather not do. This is my first CD baby so forgive me if I'm not seeing an obvious solution to this! LOL

I'm also on the hunt for some soft & bulletproof longies. These would be for everyday and also for night-time. I bought a "EUC" pair of WCW but they are super rough and scratchy. I don't know if they all turn out like this, or if we got a dud pair or what, but I am not putting them on her. She was almost exclusively in Disana for nights until her thighs got so fat that the leg seams were cutting into them! But I loved them for comfort and bulletproof-ness. We haven't had any leaks or wet sheets in four months and I'd hate to start now! And we might as well start switching to longies since summer is starting to wind down (hallelujah!). So what are your favorites?

And this is an extra nitpick, but does anybody make a waistband that doesn't gap? It seems like all of ours -- with the exception of those with a tie -- are really gappy. I know they have to fit over the big fluff so maybe that's just the way they have to be...

Thanks so much for your help! I would like to start building our longies stash as soon as possible since I'll have to buy them a little at a time!

Oh, and it probably doesn't matter, but my babe is 4 months and 17lbs/25", so anything we get has to accommodate little fatties and be tough enough not to wear out when she starts crawling.

Advertisement

Last edited by ellejaydub; 08-29-2012 at 10:49 AM.
ellejaydub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #2
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need longies help x2: leggings-style / extra-soft & bulletproof

Are you specifically ISO wool? I offer fleece EmotiBums soaker-leggings in sizes Medium, Large, and X Large or custom measurements. I can also add elastic to the backside of the waistband, which will help them be easier to pull on/off as well as minimize any gapping. However, they are a snug fit. If you have only tried wool, fleece is generally less stretchy (it will stretch about 2" through the width). But I use fleece exclusively, so it's just getting used to it being different. I actually like that it won't totally stretch out of shape. Super easy care, just toss into the laundry with like colors, fabric softener IMPROVES the performance

I have info in my WAHM thread:

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1085337

Last edited by boysniris; 08-29-2012 at 11:39 AM.
boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:47 AM   #3
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

for legging style try Disana they come in lots of solid colors

http://www.littlespruceorganics.com/...tted-leggings/

though I've found that they do run a bit big if you go by the age they say they are for. if you order taking the euro sizes into consideration in my opinion they are spot on. ex. DD wears size 90 in Hanna & the size 86/92 in the Disana fit her the same way

Last edited by Junipervt; 08-29-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Junipervt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:57 AM   #4
littleleaf
Registered Users
Formerly: jcha***h
seller
seller

My Mood:

Disana makes leggings, but they're not super thick... I'd wear a soaker underneath.
SPOTS - new Thirsties and more ISO Jujube, Carters, Gymboree, Zutano girl clothes 18 months
littleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:23 PM   #5
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

what about these for night?

http://www.novanatural.com/woolens/long-nappy-pants
Old 08-29-2012, 01:23 PM   #6
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

what about these for night?

http://www.novanatural.com/woolens/long-nappy-pants
Old 08-29-2012, 01:48 PM   #7
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Disana leggings would work really well under dresses.

Bella Rose makes the interlock tights that would work really well as leggings under dresses.

I know there are other wahms that make interlock tights. Is Sapo Verde still around??? I'm thinking no but I think that was another one.

As far as overnight - you have named most of my favorites - Disana, Sbish . . . I also used Luxe Baby (which isn't made anymore), Bumby, Dunk N Fluff, Loveybums.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #8
mamaspice
Registered Users

I love sbish longies for nights- expensive, but squishy, bulletproof, and no gappy waistband.
mamaspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #9
onegratefulmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

These are nice and inexpensive in comparison
http://us.hessnatur.com/shop/product...id=95&afnet=cj
These are cute too
http://www.etsy.com/shop/chickadeean...ion_id=5827252

Sadly BRI is no longer stocking they had great leggings!
onegratefulmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:27 PM   #10
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Aristocrats? http://www.aristocratsbabyproducts.com/longie.html

Babyology? http://www.ebay.com/itm/BABYOLOGY-10...item9759415f4c