Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-29-2012, 01:21 PM   #1
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

Just sent xh a certified letter

Giving him a list of the money he owes us for our three kids school clothes, activities, dr bills, etc which equaled $2000plus over the last 12 months . We used to have 50/50 custody but he hasnt taken the two older girls in a year and hasn't taken my son in the last three months. Now some of it is the girls havent wanted to go over there since he got remarried anf the step mom took over (the girls are 17 and 16) but xh and step mom decided that my son needed a break from their house because he wasnt "fitting in with their new family'".

I was very very generous with custody and agreeing to no child support because i felt if we each had them 50/50 then why should anyone have to pay? But xh has stopped paying for anything over the last year. Claiming that since they dont stay with him then he shouldn't have to buy them clothes or pay for their sports. Now he and new family are moving and refuse to give the kids the new address. And on the old house the minute step mom moved in she changed the locks and refused to give my kids to a key for (but he boys have keys) and my kids werent allowed in the house alone or without permission. She has made them feel like intruders in their own home. What made my oldest dd decided to stop seeing them all together was step mom told dds aunt and uncle that dd wasnt responsible because she was on birth control and ahe obviously was having sex then. When in fact she went on bc because of 11 day heavy periods with aweful cramps and she told step mom in confidence when dd thought they could get along.

Advertisement

ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #2
wyatt09
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Just sent xh a certified letter

wow..sounds like you need to go to court.period.Dont be nice and lay down the law mama. hugs to you!
Started off with 1 and we call her "sum",next was baby number two...I was buying "blue",baby number three I was "seeing more pink" and by this Christmas 2013.. a NEW gift for me! We are a Breast-feeding,baby wearing,cloth diapering,mama clothing,circ'ing,vaxing kinda family!
wyatt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:10 PM   #3
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatt09 View Post
wow..sounds like you need to go to court.period.Dont be nice and lay down the law mama. hugs to you!
I agree. If he's not taking visitation, he needs to be paying child support!! Good luck!
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #4
Umm_Ibraheem
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

COURT now. If he has no visitations than YOU are the full custodial parent and HE needs to pay up.
Umm_Ibraheem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #5
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow... I'm sorry you and your kids have to deal with this . I agree with everyone else, time to take his butt to court and get something concrete in writing. And the new wife sounds just lovely .
Old 08-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #6
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Call your attorney and have him/her draw up new custody papers that match the present visitation situation. Also, have him/her calculate CS. Might have to request W2s from your ex, but let your attorney take care of it.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:50 PM   #7
breefawn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever
Call your attorney and have him/her draw up new custody papers that match the present visitation situation. Also, have him/her calculate CS. Might have to request W2s from your ex, but let your attorney take care of it.
This. Do it now While it's easy to track where they're living.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #8
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks. Right now we just want the amount he owes. If he doesn't pay then we will call a lawyer.
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:59 PM   #9
sojomisa
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatt09 View Post
This! I hope he mans up and provides for his kids.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:22 AM   #10
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

Until the court order is changed, he is not obligated to pay you anything. And it is unlikely you will collect anything for past child support as it was you and your children's choice to stop visitation. Your ex sucks for not paying. He is still responsible for his children even if they don't visit. The new wife doesn't sound like a very nice lady. I would get to court asap to have the custody arrangement changed and child support ordered. Until then he doesn't legally owe you anything. I would try to get back support but be prepared that you may not. You need to have things done through the court system. Sending a certified letter does not mean he owes you anything. Only the court can change the child support and force him to pay. Good luck!

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote