Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2012, 05:24 AM   #11
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

Re: Just sent xh a certified letter

!Until the court order is changed, he is not obligated to pay you anything. And it is unlikely you will collect anything for past child support as it was you and your children's choice to stop visitation. Your ex sucks for not paying. He is still responsible for his children even if they don't visit. The new wife doesn't sound like a very nice lady. I would get to court asap to have the custody arrangement changed and child support ordered. Until then he doesn't legally owe you anything. I would try to get back support but be prepared that you may not. You need to have things done through the court system. Sending a certified letter does not mean he owes you anything. Only the court can change the child support and force him to pay. Good luck

Advertisement

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:31 AM   #12
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimb96
Until the court order is changed, he is not obligated to pay you anything. And it is unlikely you will collect anything for past child support as it was you and your children's choice to stop visitation. Your ex sucks for not paying. He is still responsible for his children even if they don't visit. The new wife doesn't sound like a very nice lady. I would get to court asap to have the custody arrangement changed and child support ordered. Until then he doesn't legally owe you anything. I would try to get back support but be prepared that you may not. You need to have things done through the court system. Sending a certified letter does not mean he owes you anything. Only the court can change the child support and force him to pay. Good luck!
Actually it wasn't my choice at all. The girls had that discussion with their dad. They said we don't want to come anymore and he said ok. He didn't call my dd2 for four months because she got angry that they wouldn't take her for a weekend when they invited my son. I have been the only one who pushed for them to work it out and even suggested counciling. Also our court ordered agreement states he is responsible for half of all activities, clothes, medical. I sent the letter because he hasn't paid. He and his wife also suggested that my son not come anymore so he infact has broken visitation not me. I have never and never will keep my kids from seeing their dad however I am not going to force them to go at age 17 and 16 especially if he isn't. Not taking your kids doesn't mean you aren't responsible for them financially.
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote