Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-07-2007, 06:11 PM   #1
bubblesteach
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question about wearing my baby?

I was wondering if I can wear my 16m old while preg. If so what do you reccomend? Thanks

Advertisement

Old 05-07-2007, 06:20 PM   #2
Mickiswing
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Question about wearing my baby?

I'd done a toddler on my back in a Mei Tai while pregnant without problems. Well, few problems Just make sure you can tie it under the belly bulge.

I think the KozyKarrier mama has a bunch of pics of her using her Mei Tais with toddlers while about six months pregnant.

As long as it's not hurting you, and as long as you're not straining, I don't think it's an issue. But someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:22 PM   #3
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

I wore my 19 month old when I was 9 months pregnant, and I wore him throughout my entire pregnancy. I used a ring sling and a pouch. The hip carry was about all I could manage, though. Sometimes I could do a front carry if I put him up high.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:17 AM   #4
Amanda2319
Registered Users

My Mood:

I could do the back carry, the hip carry strained my hips, but they were strained to begin with so I think that's why I had an issue there.

Amanda2319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:54 AM   #5
lilgamoma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've always heard that a mei tai or pouch is best while preg, but I can't speak from experiance, I never had to tote a toddler while preggers!

RHONDA~ tradin',music lovin',sewing ,hooping hippie WAHM
lilgamoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:04 PM   #6
mikkismama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I still carry my 13 month old six months into my pregnancy. Front carries are getting uncomfortable though, so I avoid them> I never liked hip carries, so back carries are the way to go. The only thing is that I can't do it for like 3-4 hour spurts like I used to.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:28 PM   #7
jessicap
Registered Users
seller

I carried my 2 year old until the day before I delivered on my back in a maya sling! My doc said that as long as I was smart about it...like if I could feel it was straining me or whatever that I could not do it anymore....I was considered high risk as well....talk to your OB/midwife about it and I am sure that there will be no issue.
jessicap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:04 PM   #8
CourtneyinAlaska
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am going to be trading off my non-adjustable pouches for a ring sling for the quick up and down trips. For back carries I usually use my toddler patapum and I will be switching to my ellaroo wrap and doing a rucksack carry. You can tie that high or low or even keep it tied behind you. www.thebabywearer.com has some great articles and pictures regarding babywearing while pregnant.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:18 PM   #9
MamaLove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I carry my 30 lbs. boy on my back and I'm almost 6 months pregnant now. I like to tie up above my belly with a mei tai or a wrap. I feel like this is completely safe for the baby. I sold my ergo because I didn't like having the waist belt on my belly, but I know another mama who liked this and said it was like a belly holder!
Old 05-08-2007, 02:36 PM   #10
bubblesteach
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have such a hard time getting DD on my back. Hip carries are easy for me but getting her on my back is so hard.