Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #41
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

I did! I kinda winged it based on my favorite maternity capris. I also used a brief pattern someone on here wrote up. Let me link to it.

Advertisement

Last edited by RunawayBunny; 03-28-2014 at 12:17 PM.
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #42
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

So I read this:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1429666

Looked at my favorite pants and just went to town.

I accidentally sewed one of my back pockets shut which I was really disappointed about, but other than that I am really happy with them. Sorry about the naked belly shot... it felt kinda awkward posting.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:23 PM   #43
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Attachment 123968

Attachment 123970

Attachment 123972

Made a couple of these owls for shower gifts the other day.... I think new baby is definitely going to get a few.

Last edited by KelseyH; 11-26-2012 at 06:46 AM.
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:20 PM   #44
melilo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH

Made a couple of these owls for shower gifts the other day.... I think new baby is definitely going to get a few.
Super cute!!!

Rubber City Doula You Deserve A Doula!
DONA Trained Birth Doula
melilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:50 PM   #45
MamaBarton
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Baby Craft thread

Ok Ladies I need help! I have never made a diaper before and I am pretty new to cloth diapering at all (we are expecting our first baby in April) so what patterns are best? has anyone tried the babyville boutique patterns from their booklet? I have TONS of fuzzibuns, BG, and dream eze dipes that are old ratty and holey that were given to me the doublers/absorbant part (whatever you want to call it) are good on all of them so I was thinking ripping them apart and just using that and/or any other viable part.... but what should I use as the liner and the outside, I know PUL/TPU but can I sandwich that in between say fleece on the inside and something else on the outside? what products should I stay away from? any other suggestions???
with baby #1. Mary Elizabeth due April 2, 2013!
MamaBarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:22 PM   #46
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBarton
Ok Ladies I need help! I have never made a diaper before and I am pretty new to cloth diapering at all (we are expecting our first baby in April) so what patterns are best? has anyone tried the babyville boutique patterns from their booklet? I have TONS of fuzzibuns, BG, and dream eze dipes that are old ratty and holey that were given to me the doublers/absorbant part (whatever you want to call it) are good on all of them so I was thinking ripping them apart and just using that and/or any other viable part.... but what should I use as the liner and the outside, I know PUL/TPU but can I sandwich that in between say fleece on the inside and something else on the outside? what products should I stay away from? any other suggestions???
Have you found the craft chat forum yet? I think its in off-topic or chit chat. Something like that. They may be able to help you out more than us.

But here's my input. I would not put anything on the outside besides the pul/tpu. Pul comes in lots of cute prints and colors. Plus, if you put the pul in the middle the diap will be more likely to wick moisture to the outside and leak. So if you save the insert or absorbent part, fleece on the inside, pul on the outside you will be good. Just remember, if your inserts (the absorbent part) are made of microfiber you want to make sure something is between baby and the insert. Microfiber can dry out and irritate baby's skin.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:27 PM   #47
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBarton
I've only ever used fern and faerie patterns and Katrina soaker patterns - all free.

We're talking pockets or AIO?

By fleece on the inside, do you mean microfleece? Regular fleece repels liquid and would not work right.

I have heard of people using cute cotton prints over PUL, but they always wick from my experience. Minky or regular fleece are cute outers over PUL.
Beth, Christian mama of 5 (expecting #6 Spring 2013).
Check out my blog Heart Stirred with Wisdom
4dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:16 AM   #48
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBarton View Post
Ok Ladies I need help! I have never made a diaper before and I am pretty new to cloth diapering at all (we are expecting our first baby in April) so what patterns are best? has anyone tried the babyville boutique patterns from their booklet?
I'm sorry, I'm absolutely no help with this one. I can crochet and knit and cross stitch... but haven't ever made a diaper!
Good luck though - can't wait to see pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
Have you found the craft chat forum yet? I think its in off-topic or chit chat.
Excellent suggestion!!!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:06 PM   #49
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Anyone want to help me pick a blanket? I would use a darker blue/possibly dark blue- purple for the star blanket. For the rainbow one I would use a lot less pink... more primary. I want it to be gender neutral, too.

Last edited by RunawayBunny; 03-28-2014 at 12:17 PM.
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:45 AM   #50
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Meg - I love that rainbow one! Did you just find a pic, or the pattern somewhere?
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote