Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2012, 06:12 AM   #1
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ebay ?

How long do you usually wait for payment on Ebay?

Advertisement

Old 08-30-2012, 06:36 AM   #2
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ebay ?

I usually say 24 o 48 hrs. I might remind buyer too otherwise I cancel. Depends on how often they get on but did u say when payment needs to b gotten by?
abunchoflemons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:07 AM   #3
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunchoflemons View Post
I usually say 24 o 48 hrs. I might remind buyer too otherwise I cancel. Depends on how often they get on but did u say when payment needs to b gotten by?
Yes, I said within 24 hours of the auction end which will be 48 hours this afternoon. Yesterday I sent them an invoice, as sort of a reminder. I guess when it has been 48 hours I will send them a message and give them until 72 hours then cancel it.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:42 AM   #4
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

they technically have 4 days to pay per ebay rules, no matter what you actually say
Old 08-30-2012, 07:54 PM   #5
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5PrincessMommy View Post
they technically have 4 days to pay per ebay rules, no matter what you actually say
Ok, thanks I didn't know that and that is what I was looking for! So, if they don't pay in 4 days then just report them and relist? I hadn't checked this thread and sent them a message saying "thanks for your purchase, please submit payment so I can get it in the mail for you."
Old 08-31-2012, 12:14 AM   #6
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

After 4 days you can open an unpaid item case..then they have ANOTHER 4 days to pay. If they still don't pay then you can close the case and get your final value fee back and relist. You shouldn't relist before then, b/c they could still technically pay in those 8 days total. It's a total bummer when people do that. Hopefully they'll pay!
Old 08-31-2012, 12:17 AM   #7
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

You can cancel anytime, you just won't get your fees back unless the buyer either accepts the cancellation or ignores it. But if they contest it then eBay still let's you cancel nut they chars you the final value fees.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote