Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2012, 08:41 AM   #11
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What age did your DS PT?

DS1 was almost 3.5. After a horrible experience where we/daycare tried starting at 2--crying, battles, ect ect. I should have followed my mommy instint more. It was a year and a half of torture for DS and DH and I.

DS2 was 3. We waited until he was ready and took the very low key approach and oh my goodness was Pting him a breeze.

Advertisement

Old 08-30-2012, 08:45 AM   #12
NewbieSAHM
Registered Users
seller
seller

We started (he seemed ready!) about 22mo. He didn't fully get it until right about his third birthday. He wasn't in underwear/dry at night until about 4.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:49 AM   #13
Mama*Kim
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We took it very casually. He started showing interest and using the potty occasionally around his 2nd birthday. He was fully day trained a couple of month before his 3rd birthday and night trained a few months after his 3rd birthday.
Mama*Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:03 AM   #14
blackbirdmama*3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

ds1-25 months
ds2-34 months
Old 08-30-2012, 09:07 AM   #15
momtojande
Registered Users
Formerly: JonsMommy

My Mood:

35 months. And he got it pretty much overnight. We went on vacation just after he PT'd, and I chose to give him a chance and keep him in underwear even though it would be a lot of driving. He did perfect!

(Except for one misunderstanding: he was needing to go, and we were about to stop for gas, so DH told him he could pee when we got to the gas station. We got to the gas station and got out of the car, and DS pulled down his shorts and peed right there in the parking lot. I guess we failed to fill in all the details about how we would get to the gas station, then go to the restroom, then pee. )
momtojande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:56 AM   #16
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

My DS was never taught to use the toilet. He just started doing it one day. NO JOKE!

I heard him in the bathroom - he was around 19 mos old I think - and I thought, "uh oh" ... I ran in and there he was, sitting on the toilet. his pants and diaper on the floor. I smiled and said "what are you doing?" He said "pee pee" and, shook it off, got down, put his pants on sans diaper, and ran past me back to his toys. I was REALLY shocked.

And from that moment, he never went in his pants during daylight hours again. Seriously. A week later he started staying dry all night. And went to underwear full time.

He's had, maybe 3 or 4 accidents - all were at night, and all were when he was sick. He just turned 4 a few days ago.

My DD took us a full 3 yrs. She is 5.5 y/o and still has occasional accidents.

I realize this story sounds totally made up. But I promise I am not embellishing it.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:57 AM   #17
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

My DS was never taught to use the toilet. He just started doing it one day. NO JOKE!

I heard him in the bathroom - he was around 19 mos old I think - and I thought, "uh oh" ... I ran in and there he was, sitting on the toilet. his pants and diaper on the floor. I smiled and said "what are you doing?" He said "pee pee" and, shook it off, got down, put his pants on sans diaper, and ran past me back to his toys. I was REALLY shocked.

And from that moment, he never went in his pants during daylight hours again. Seriously. A week later he started staying dry all night. And went to underwear full time.

He's had, maybe 3 or 4 accidents - all were at night, and all were when he was sick. He just turned 4 a few days ago.

My DD took us a full 3 yrs. She is 5.5 y/o and still has occasional accidents.

I realize this story sounds totally made up. But I promise I am not embellishing it.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:07 AM   #18
nohollyhomaker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ds was in underwear at 20 months but he still had occasional accidents and wasn't initiating much. I say he was trained sometime after 2. He had a regression when his sister was born that set him back but then he got on track again. It was a slow progression from being in underwear mostly staying dry to not having accidents and initiating.
nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #19
mama_to_DJM
Registered Users

My boys were 2y9m and 3y3m. By waiting until they were ready/interested, it went very quickly and easily.

My cooking blog- http://michellesnewrecipes.blogspot.com/
mama_to_DJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:24 AM   #20
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

Mine was a couple months after his second birthday. It took maybe a week, probably less. Pee and poop. I never pushed it, just talked about it, narrated it ("I need to go pee, so I'm going to use the potty not a diaper."), but never forced it or scheduled taking him to potty.