Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #21
cheezpoofs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What age did your DS PT?

My eldest is three and a half and still isn't interested in using the potty. He's tried twice, but hasn't wanted to since. I don't want to make it a battle, so I don't push him. I just ask him if he wants to use the potty and promise him a special toy if he uses the toilet every time he mentions or sees a new special toy he wants to have. Mother-in-law and Daddy often disagree with this attitude toward potty training, but I'm not really sure what else I could do that wouldn't turn it into an independence battle or cause him to be afraid of the potty.

Advertisement

Veann - Libertarian, atheist, bookworm, heavy metal Mommy to all boys: Lucius (2-13-09), Orion (4-22-11), and Castiel (3-4-13), wife to Matthew - Anti-circumcision, babywearing, somewhat AP, natural birthing/ homebirthing, don't care about being "green", doing things my own way...
cheezpoofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #22
mommieofpees
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

both boys were pt by 2.5
Old 08-30-2012, 11:04 AM   #23
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My boys both were intrested at 2. DS1 never had any accidents outside of the house and was dry most of the time about 2 months later. He was over 3 before he would poop in the potty though.

DS2 had daily accidents even though he insisted on wearing underwear and knew how to use the bathroom until he was 3 years 4 months, then one day about a month after I gave upcompletely he just did it on his own with no problems since then
Old 08-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #24
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
My DS has some communication delays but we are PTing now at 4 years 2 months. He has done great. Started by going naked around the house for a few days and then put him in underwear only a few days, then added pants. He has had a few accidents and doesn't get up in the night if he has to go but otherwise is mostly potty trained and tells me when he has to go. The biggest thing that made it work for us was him being able to take himself to the bathroom and go. He initiated it. I tried taking him on a schedule and he never went.
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #25
alyssa&rylan's-mommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

DS had just turned 3, we waited for his cues, and it was almost overnight!
alyssa&rylan's-mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:58 AM   #26
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

both boys PT'd the summer after turning 2. DS1 was 2y5m, DS2 was 2y7m
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #27
THBVsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS was 26m and DD was 23.5m when they were fully "trained" (pee and poop, day and night).

--Oops, you meant boys only. Sorry

THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:02 PM   #28
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:

The first time, or the second?? LOL

DS first PT at 18 months old, 100% during the day, and about 75% at night. When DS was about 20 months old he and I went on a trip with my mother and some other family members. My mother did not believe me that he was PT and insisted that he use pull ups in case we weren't close to a bathroom and he had an accident She just didn't want to deal with the mess, even though we had a washer and dryer in the condo we were staying in. I didn't use pull ups while he was learning b/c he knew they were a diaper and he would just pee in them. Well, guess what happened? He knew they were a diaper, so he just peed in them. *grumble*

It took us at least another 6-8 months to get him fully trained again. I was so angry. At least the second time he trained he was FULLY trained, both during the day and at night.

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #29
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Kearnan didn't potty learn until he was almost 5.5 years old. He could change his own diaper at 4 though. He is ASD and just didn't feel comfortable using the toilet. One day he told me he wanted Harry Potter under pants. I told him that was fine but he couldn't pee on Harry. He never pee'd his pants again. But it took a while for him to poop on the potty. He would ask for a diaper to poop or just hold it until he hurt. He couldn't relax on the toilet. I bought him a game boy and told him he could only use it on the toilet. He stayed in the bathroom almost non-stop but he accomplished pooping on the toilet. He has had no accidents since.

Tharen decided on his own he wanted to use the potty just before his second birthday. He did very well and had very few accidents. He still wets the bed at night though. He also has a defiance issue that causes him to occasionally wet his pants and claim he had an "accident" but the accidents coincide rather conspicuously with times when he is angry with dh or I or when he doesn't get his way. This comes and goes in waves, it will not happen for weeks or even months at a time and then will happen rather often for a while. It is not pleasant.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:51 PM   #30
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

DS was getting pretty close to potty training (maybe an accident a day) at 19 months when his sister was born which caused regression, so he was 2.5 before he was totally done.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote