Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #31
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: What age did your DS PT?

21 months, poop and night dry. He did have a few pee accidents but almost all understandable, like really far from a potty, and relatives not showing him where the toliet was and them not getting what he was telling them. But we Ec'd so that might have effected things.

Fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:21 PM   #32
Formerly: Boomer
My Mood:

First boy, 3 years & 5 months old.
Second boy, 3 years & 3 months old.
A real woman always has a clean house, an empty laundry basket, smells good, is well made-up, slim, healthy, eloquent, and perfectly well behaved...I suspect I am a man.
Psychomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:32 PM   #33
Registered Users

Right around his second birthday. He expressed NO interest, but I broke out the potty books, movies, conversations and he did great. Under a month until he was mostly accident free and that included a stressful last minute 10 day road trip to go to a funeral.
Laurel, SAHM to S 2/07 D 7/09 E 2/11 and I 2/13
lolson3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:37 PM   #34
Registered Users
My Mood:

Originally Posted by iris0110 View Post
Kearnan didn't potty learn until he was almost 5.5 years old. He could change his own diaper at 4 though. He is ASD and just didn't feel comfortable using the toilet. One day he told me he wanted Harry Potter under pants. I told him that was fine but he couldn't pee on Harry. He never pee'd his pants again. But it took a while for him to poop on the potty. He would ask for a diaper to poop or just hold it until he hurt. He couldn't relax on the toilet. I bought him a game boy and told him he could only use it on the toilet. He stayed in the bathroom almost non-stop but he accomplished pooping on the toilet. He has had no accidents since.
This made me smile. My son has ASD also (he is PLing now and is 4) and your Kearnan reminds me of him from this story. When we first started PLing he also would bring me a diaper when he had to poop but after lots of time sitting and reading on the pot, he finally went in the toilet. What a joyful day!
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:45 PM   #35
Registered Users
My Mood:

Past age 4.
"Why should I allow that same God to tell me how to raise my kids, who had to drown His own?" ~ Robert Green Ingersoll
Samandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:30 PM   #36
Registered Users
My Mood:
DS1 was 38 months
DS2 was 40 months
DS3 was 40 months

My DD was first and she was 22 months and was super easy. I couldn't figure out what all the fuss was about then I had 3 sons!!!
Mama to DD , DS1 , DS2 and
ericsmom99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:31 PM   #37
Registered Users
My Mood:

A few months before 2. But he was poop trained since about 6 months old (thank you ECing!), so we are the opposite of most in that regard!
SAHM to DD ('07) DS ('09) and DD2 ('12)
me_just_me is offline   Reply With Quote