Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-14-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
jensmyname
Registered Users
seller

Fierce letdown

I have a crazy fierce letdown and have tried all the conventional ways to compensate for it. My LO is still sputtering and choking even when I am nursing him laying down (him on my tummy) to let gravity help. He still somehow gets a full feeding after I spray into a burp cloth for a little bit. Is this just how it will be or am I missing something else I could be doing?

Advertisement

jensmyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #2
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

It should get better when your supply evens out, maybe around 4 months or so? You can try block nursing to decrease your supply a little if you want. How old is your LO? As your LO grows they will handle it better too. You just have to deal with it the best you can until you find your stride.
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:56 PM   #3
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Fierce letdown

I've so been there!
I would just take dd off for a bit when she started choking and soak up the milk for a bit and then put her back when it calmed down.

Feeding on one side only for a chunk of time (commonly called block feeding) helped a bit. But mostly she choked and gagged... I can't drink out of a fire hydrant either so I could sympathize with her problem!
isabelsmummy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #4
Lolobug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by isabelsmummy
I've so been there!
I would just take dd off for a bit when she started choking and soak up the milk for a bit and then put her back when it calmed down.

Feeding on one side only for a chunk of time (commonly called block feeding) helped a bit. But mostly she choked and gagged... I can't drink out of a fire hydrant either so I could sympathize with her problem!
Lol! My thoughts exactly!
Lolobug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:57 AM   #5
macs'mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was totally there! i did modified block, did one side per feeding and also hand expressed some before EVERY feeding, it did get better but took quite awhile for my supply to even out. good luck, its was kind of scary for me to be choking my babies!
Old 09-21-2012, 07:34 AM   #6
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Do u feed only from one side at feeding time at a time? All I can think of besides pump little on both b4 u bf baby.
abunchoflemons is online now   Reply With Quote