Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2012, 10:35 PM   #21
KatrinaLoves
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMama2010

I'd go and nurse even if the baby didn't need it. Buahahaha!

Advertisement

KatrinaLoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:38 PM   #22
MaryInPinedale
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: what are your thoughts on this (asked to not BF)?

Well, I guess every family has "The Crazy Aunt" I would go and just do what you need to do.
MaryInPinedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:50 PM   #23
Done at 3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Honestly, I'd be on the phone with auntie and say "I'm sure my mom misunderstood, but she mentioned you didn't want me to feed the baby at the school?" we would be hashing that foolishness out ASAP, but I am a confrontational person, especially regarding topics I am passionate about and BFing is one of those things
Old 08-31-2012, 07:14 PM   #24
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l View Post
I would be upset and either not go, or go and be sure to nurse. Baby has to eat. But this is coming from someone who is sitting with a boob hanging out with a house full of kids nursing.
I agree!

I would go and be sure to nurse... often. LOL Or I'd just stay home and send my aunt an email saying I thought she needed to read up on breastfeeding laws and that it is pretty ridiculous to expect a baby to NOT eat if it gets hungry.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:28 PM   #25
Angel89411
Banned

I would have gone and if the baby got hungry, nursed. She can kiss my rear.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:50 PM   #26
HugeBabyBoy
Registered Users
seller

I would be offended!!!

I'd also tell her it's my right and protected by the state, best for my baby, her opinion is not only unwelcomed, but unsupportive. Then, I would go and do it anyway.

If it was me, my take is that bubble needs to be burst!!!

I'm not saying go and do it out of pure spite, but go and do it, because it's how you live you life; NIP is totally normal. She can get over herself.

If it was at her house, I wouldn't go... EVER! Not even when my kids are older and I'm no longer BF'ing, not on my own, not for holidays or family gatherings. If I'm not welcome because I breastfeed, I shouldn't ever feel welcomed in her home. Period, end of story for me.
HugeBabyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:53 PM   #27
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

so...what did you decide?
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:10 AM   #28
jessca06
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterisntsomething View Post
so...what did you decide?
I didn't go. My mom didn't end up going either (for a different reason--the AC was being fixed in her house). I will definitely be bringing it up with my aunt. My mom already knows how I feel about it but she isn't backing me up. She kept saying that there would be young boys there There are some big family dinners coming up in September that my aunt will be at with her family. DH and I will have to decide if we will go (I'm leaning towards not going--I don't think that the dinners will be at her house but I still feel very unwelcomed). I will be bringing it up either way with her though.

Thank you all.
jessca06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:48 AM   #29
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessca06

I didn't go. My mom didn't end up going either (for a different reason--the AC was being fixed in her house). I will definitely be bringing it up with my aunt. My mom already knows how I feel about it but she isn't backing me up. She kept saying that there would be young boys there There are some big family dinners coming up in September that my aunt will be at with her family. DH and I will have to decide if we will go (I'm leaning towards not going--I don't think that the dinners will be at her house but I still feel very unwelcomed). I will be bringing it up either way with her though.

Thank you all.
If it's mostly your aunt, I wouldn't let her chase away from family events. As for your mother, Id give her a serious talking to about being supportive of your parenting choices, including BFing. It's hard when it feels like a battle. Sorry mama.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #30
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

All of the moms nurse around other kids where I live. If a child can watch kittens nursing, why not another mammal, a baby?!
Yeah my brother once said something negative about nursing at his house and I about lost it. I'm sure he'll never say anything about it again.