Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-14-2012, 12:31 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
I think it's the age. My LO was going regularly on the potty (when reminded) and had even progressed to telling us he had to poo. Then poof! all of a sudden the potty is like a pit of roiling lava. Screams, tears, laying dramatically on the floor (both of us). I gave up and put him back in diapers. He is almost 2.5. If you figure something out be sure to update!

gabmaxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:52 AM   #12
Registered Users
Originally Posted by clexiske06
I have one in the bathroom and it's been there for a long time. I ask her every morning and night if she wants to wear her pretty panties ( I have tons a different pretty ones) she freaks out and says noooooo noo noo mom I can't. Every time. We have another potty ( she has peed once in) it sings when you pee or poop in it and she was excited about that for the one and only day I got her to pee in it. Now she flips out about it. I will ask her if she wants to pee or poop on the potty and she can have a sticker or m&m's. She still says she can't. I feel like I'm hitting a very thick brick wall!!!! I have lots of potty books and Elmo's potty DVD, she will even sing the song!
Hmmm. Has she picked out her own potty at the store? I don't know, just trying to have more ideas for you! My DD hated that musical potty,btw.
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:03 AM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: HELP1 2.5 YR DD refuses the potty

DD was just a week shy of 3 when she finally got it. We had been trying off and on for about 6mo. She just wasn't ready at 2.5. She understood what it was about and knew when she went in her pants but clearly she wasn't interested. I didn't push it but came back to it every once in a while, reading books, talking about being a "big girl", etc. We always had the little potty available and I would ask her now and then when I went if she wanted to go too. Usually it was no but finally when she said yes one day a few weeks before she turned 3 we went with it. We went naked for about a week and then into just panties with no pants to make it easy. Once she decided on her own she was ready it was a breeze.
Babybird4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #14
Registered Users

Hi there clexiske06!

Sorry you are having this struggle w/ your DD. Now that this will pass and you will smile about it yrs from now. I promise you your DD will potty train.

I have 4 DDs and I have done EC w/ my younger 2.

My ODD took a while to potty train. It took forever to get her to poo in the potty. Her sister who was 14 months younger was able to go poo in the potty before her.

Like others have said this is a big transition for her. It is hard because she is probably afraid to be w/o her diaper. She has had this as her portable bathroom for more than 2 yrs and it must seem so overwhelming to do it in the potty. The diaper also hides things from little ones so she may not even be aware of the connection of needing to go and then actually going.

I second the ideas of others to have her go in the tub when you can see she has to go and having her go w/o a diaper so she can see what is actually happening. Another option is to have her outdoors w/o a diaper (maybe the backyard). What about putting the diaper in the potty but not putting it on her? That may make her somewhat more comfortable.

Best wishes and keep us posted.
R055ANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:48 AM   #15
Registered Users
My Mood:

We are trying to use the potty now too. My DD is almost 2 and seemed ready to me. We have been at this a little over a week. She holds it great while we are out and saves the accidents for at home. I don't really get it and I'm not sure how to help her at this point. She will hold it and pee in a potty when we get home from an outing. But when we are home, she seems to just want to go on the floor.
jewels5799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:00 PM   #16
Registered Users
My Mood:

I wouldn't push the issue, by the sounds of it I just don't think she's ready. DS is almost 3 and it just now started to "click" with him. I would save yourself the trouble and just wait until THEY are ready to go. Make the potty avaliable, and ask occasionally if they want to use it, but I wouldn't force or coerce her to use it.
K&K My little firecracker Lennon 10.09, crying before he fully emerged and My little sweetheart Indi 6.12, born smiling
bigmamakelsey is offline   Reply With Quote