Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2012, 06:48 PM   #11
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Ebay wwyd

on a completely random note, im not sure if you remember or not but a long time ago (like its gotta be coming up on 2 years) you made some lovies for me (well my son) anyways the green elephant to this day is still one of his fave toys he sleeps with him every night

Advertisement

TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #12
Keiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_run_with_scissors View Post
on a completely random note, im not sure if you remember or not but a long time ago (like its gotta be coming up on 2 years) you made some lovies for me (well my son) anyways the green elephant to this day is still one of his fave toys he sleeps with him every night
oh my goodness! Ha! Yes, I remember, that was when I first joined and I think one of my first transactions on DS. That is so sweet, I'm so glad he loves him!

Waldorf dolls and Natural toys for your little Keiki
Stocking the first Friday of the month at The Enchanted Toybox Congo

Mama to Annamarie (7/11) expecting #2 August 2015!
Keiki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:46 PM   #13
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well, I would get them to see if they can at least change the address on paypal. Explain that you are not covered by paypal unless you ship to the confirmed address. Link them to this info if needed.

On the other side, my family live in Ireland and my family often get items shipped here in the US to me, then they pick them up when visiting twice a year. Currently have two designer bags sitting in my closet for them! So I think it's pretty common to do this. I've also been eyeing up an item listed in Dublin and considering asking them to ship to my mother instead.

So could be very plausible...........
Old 08-30-2012, 09:10 PM   #14
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
You need to refund, have them either change their address or add an additional address (you can add multiple in PP), then repay. If you don't ship to an address on file with their PayPal account, you are not protected at all. You MUST ship to the PayPal address on file. It doesn't matter if you have proof of them asking otherwise. If they file a claim that they didn't receive it, unless you can show you shipped to the PayPal address on file, they will win. They will then be refunded their money, and have the item.

I would either refund and start the hassle over again, or cancel the transaction all together since what they are asking is against PP policy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:43 PM   #15
Keiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I haven't gotten paid yet, because the invoice included the $50 whatever shipping to Israel. I don't know, now they sent me a message saying they talked to paypal and paypal said that I can manually change the address. Yes, I know I can, but I won't! I don't know that they're trying to scam me really, but I just will not change the address. I have in the past for small things, but I know I shouldn't, and I won't for this.

Waldorf dolls and Natural toys for your little Keiki
Stocking the first Friday of the month at The Enchanted Toybox Congo

Mama to Annamarie (7/11) expecting #2 August 2015!
Keiki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:18 PM   #16
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

if hes not paid yet then all he needs to do is enter his family members addy into his paypal - i dont see why he didnt just do that and then pay
TTC #4
Old 08-31-2012, 03:27 PM   #17
A21Lee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wink Re: Ebay wwyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by A21Lee View Post
I'm not sure what I would do in the situation other than trust your gut. One thing I can say is that a buyer can't just change their address once they've won something (they can, but the change will never show up visible on your end). When they pay, they can select another verified address, but it has to be confirmed. I had someone buy from me and they said that their address was wrong. I don't know how it got confirmed being incorrect. It wasn't an old address. The street numbers were wrong (so it obviously wouldn't match their credit card statement address, so how it got confirmed is beyond me). They said that they called ebay CS and they said I could send to the correct address she provided and that the email correspondence between us was enough that if there was a problem with receipt I had tracking to show I sent to the address she provided. It gets messy when you don't send to the confirmed address. You definitely have to protect yourself! Good luck!
Just wanted to clarify what I did in my situation...I sent it to the confirmed address she had on her paypal (because I did postage online and the address was automatically input), not the new one she gave me. I wanted to protect myself in case she was lying about her call to ebay customer service. It got delivered and she never complained, so I'm sure she retrieved it from the neighbor that had it since it was just the street number that was different.
A21Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:32 PM   #18
A21Lee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My understanding is that once someone wins an item, their address is locked in. They can change the address 50 times, but you will only see the original confirmed address when you print the shipping paperwork, as it won't update on your side. You can manually change it or when they pay, they can select an alternative confirmed address on paypal. Definitely protect yourself and go with your gut.
A21Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:44 PM   #19
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

^ oh ok that makes sense!

How long do you have to wait for him to pay before canceling the sale?
TTC #4
Old 08-31-2012, 10:04 PM   #20
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A21Lee
My understanding is that once someone wins an item, their address is locked in. They can change the address 50 times, but you will only see the original confirmed address when you print the shipping paperwork, as it won't update on your side. You can manually change it or when they pay, they can select an alternative confirmed address on paypal. Definitely protect yourself and go with your gut.
Manually changing it as the seller voids PayPal protection from what I understand.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote