Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2012, 10:15 PM   #11
Isabellesmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I've bought some china diaper from eBay & some are HORRIBLE & others are fine. I bought 2 baby city diapers thankfully they were only $2 each cuz they delaminated just from washing them! I still used them fine but they were so tiny & only lasted a few months. I also have a "icute" that works good & 3 china bamboo diapers that I love. I bought 2 alvas with the colorful snaps & dont like them. But others swear by them. So if you are a BGs lover I say stick with what you know & take the cotton babies buy 5 get 2 free. if I could afford it right now I'd be jumpin all over it!

Advertisement

Angie Attached crunchy parent,with my soulmate Ian, to our 32 week miracle Isabelle.(02/22/11) and rainbow baby Addison(06/08/2014) BreastfeedingCo-sleeping.Non-vaxing. BWing. Ext rear-facing. CDing. SAHM
Isabellesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:16 PM   #12
daniele_ut
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Disappointed in BABY WIZARDS :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by el's mama View Post
The co-op I'm referring to didn't get the BWs with the stretchy tabs. There are lots of BW co-ops so how can you know it was only one batch?
I wasn't trying to step on your toes. That was the information I got. The prints that I heard delaminated were the mocha, gears, kiwi bird and leaves. They are apparently moving production to a new factory, but it sounds like they won't be selling in the US at all anymore. They said it was some issues they had to resolve, and I'm guessing it could be patent infringement.
daniele_ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:54 PM   #13
momgoddess
Registered Users
seller

The one that leaked for me today was the blue solid with flower tabs. None of the ones I have with snaps have stretchy tabs. I also got 3 of the velcro supreme but they fit kind of weird and are different. Either way, I'm not super crazy about any of them. I think I'm going to just go with BG when I can get more which is next month so I won't be able to take advantage of the sale. BUMMER. Also, the soakers don't snap down like BG so it makes stuffing them a pain because they are too large and I have to fold them down. I guess it's not a big deal, but they seem harder to stuff for some reason also. I guess after only using BG for pockets so far, my expectations are tainted for quality!
Old 08-31-2012, 07:40 AM   #14
kalibratx4
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have three and although they are super cute, they leaked on my dd too. We stuff with cotton prefolds they eemed to be wicking at the legs? I will still use them but will be stuffing them with my flip organics which should help contain the leaks for a bit longer anyway... too bad
kalibratx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:43 AM   #15
Leah52
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have some Alvas and I love them, I actually prefer the fit over BGs and the new bamboo/microfiber inserts are nice. I have been using my first 6 for almost a year and they have held up great. And they do have really cute prints!
Old 08-31-2012, 05:48 PM   #16
momgoddess
Registered Users
seller

Re: Disappointed in BABY WIZARDS :( ADDED A PIC

I added a pic to the original post...this was the second one to do it now.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:14 PM   #17
kalibratx4
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momgoddess View Post
I just bought 6 of them to try out, thinking they might be somewhat comparable to BG, but in cuter prints...boy was I wrong. They don't have the stretchy tabs, so they don't fit as well or snap up as easily. I just put my LO in one that was worn once with no problems...then washed. This was the second time wearing it and I just pulled her out of her exersaucer to find that she leaked through the TPU completely. Straight through. (Compression, maybe?) This was my first cheap China diaper, and it was more than twice as expensive as many of the other cheap ones from China. I was thinking about switching my 4 month old over to mostly all pockets next month and going with Alvas, but now I'm scared of cheap China diapers. Are Alvas and Sunbabies better?

Here's the second one now that did it....

That is exactly what mine did... It really sucks!!
kalibratx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:30 PM   #18
hcokasil
Registered Users
seller
seller

that is annoying! Can you contact the company? will they do anything? we had a few sunbaby diapers and they were great, but ran a bit small, i know they have two sizes now, but they didn't have that for the coop in was in. i also got three Alvas because i loved the prints, they didn't arrive until my little guy was already PL'd, but we used them for naps and had no problems!
i do like the way bum genius diapers fit, but i don't like suedecloth, so the ones we have are mostly for grandparents (because they're velcro). We mainly used fuzzibunz this go round, but i stashed them right as they were switching factories so a lot of stores were clearancing out the made in the usa ones, and i think those are by far the best! But my experience with FB customer service has been AWESOME, so even the ones i got from China or Turkey have turned out ok!
Old 08-31-2012, 10:16 PM   #19
momgoddess
Registered Users
seller

I got them from a mama here....they were new though. I don't think there is anything I can do.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:06 AM   #20
ejr3705
Registered Users
seller

I messaged you already.

For everyone else, if anyone has any issues with a delaminated BW diaper (either new or used) contact sales@baby-wizard.com. You are not SOL, the replacement value is around $5.80 for the diaper only (not the inserts or any other fees)

My experience has been that it is inconsistent with which diapers will delaminate. I have had 10 delaminate from 2 shipments (1 mocha, 1 wheels, 2 leaves, 2 kiwi, 1 owls with white tabs, 1 owls green tabs, 2 solid pink with cat tabs) all were different styles. I love the two row snap and the duo wrap fit. It's sad that they can't put out a consistent product.

I also have regular alvas a Double Gusset alvas. The regular didn't fit my DD when she was smaller with skinny legs. They now fit great! The DGs fit sort of weird but I love them anyway.im going to try them with a charcoal insert to limit the bulk and to get a better fit.

I have BG and Flips as well. The aplix I'm not a huge fan of as they don't stay on the laundry tabs after only a few washes. Other than that I love them

I love my china cheapies as well as my expensive brands (I bought on sale). Having the china cheapies will help keep your expensive ones in a larger rotation and will help them last longer. I wish you luck. I had my first leak today with BW.
ejr3705 is offline   Reply With Quote