Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-31-2012, 06:27 AM   #11
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbutt Diapers
My MIL only has one hand, and she can do velcro BG Freetimes no problem. They are her and my DH's favorite diapers. I find them a little bulky, but I have them cinched down as small as they go.
Thanks mama

Advertisement

Old 08-31-2012, 06:30 AM   #12
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by el's mama
I find the GroVia AIOs tiny. I wouldn't count on them to last till PL'ing on a lot of kids. The Freetimes are small-ish too (smaller than a BGE). The OS Simplex is generously sized (DD can wear her's on the med rise) and since they're Birdseye they should wash and dry easily. Those definitely get my vote.
Thanks for that info! I remeber trying GroVia when DS was about 7. Months old and thinking it was small, but I wasn't sure if it was something that would change over time (though he's always been long and lean). Their website says (I believe) 10-40 pounds for them so I thought I'd throw them on the list
OS Simplex are on the top of my list right now. Thank you,, thank you, thank you!
Old 08-31-2012, 06:40 AM   #13
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I just realized there are way too many cloth diaper choices...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine987 View Post
Because of your laundry requirements, I would recommend natural fibers. I really like the swaddlebees os simplex. They dry pretty quick when hung to dry. I haven't used any other diapers on your list though so I can't compare them.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I agree.

OP: Your options are kind of limited if you want AIO's with natural fibers and you only line dry. I feel you will have to have a really large stash if you want to cloth diaper your baby 100% of the time due to long try times. My guess is a Grovia AIO to get it fully dry whould take a full day out side or a good 1.5 - 2 days inside.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:45 AM   #14
loveReese2pieces
Registered Users
seller

Have you thought about softbums? They have a natural option with the bamboo pods and it works as an all in 2 with the snap in pods- so you would definitely have faster dry times than an all in one- same with the swaddlebees eco nappi and peachy green solo. I haven't actually tried any of these yet but I am about to place a huge order to sample all of these. And from what I have seen online, the peachy green and softbums are both super trim! I'm dying to try them out! Good luck mama!
loveReese2pieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:16 AM   #15
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes we love softbums too!!! They are great trim absorbent and cute
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:41 AM   #16
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki24 View Post
I agree.

OP: Your options are kind of limited if you want AIO's with natural fibers and you only line dry. I feel you will have to have a really large stash if you want to cloth diaper your baby 100% of the time due to long try times. My guess is a Grovia AIO to get it fully dry whould take a full day out side or a good 1.5 - 2 days inside.
I'm not too worried about the dry times. I used to have a full BGE stash and hang-dried in our tiny apartment. Maybe it's just how dry the air is usually here, or our home, but a BGE is usually dry in 24 hours. Sometimes a little longer, but I have a fan blowing on them so it's usually fine. I was really interested in BG Freetimes, but I keep hearing about how small they are and that worries me, as well as suddenly having microfiber issues. I never used to, but I haven't used microfiber in over a year. When we started with cloth, I had 4.0's with the microfiber inserts, but we were renting a house with a washer and dryer, so I washed every day and never had trouble. If I knew I could stick to a strict laundry schedule, I'd love to try the Freetimes!
Old 08-31-2012, 12:05 PM   #17
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

I love my softbums, but drying time on the bamboo is insane when hang drying. I tried it once before ds was born and it took 2 days. This was in a room with little air flo though. And ease of use for me is like trifolding into covers, since you have to fold over the soaker over. In your Situation, I would be really tempted by the Swaddlebees simplex!!

......you should see what my posts look like BEFORE auto correct.
theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:09 PM   #18
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The other diaper I thought of was Tot Bots. I'm intrigued by the minky, but worried about how absorbent it really is. The main turn off for me is finding them in stock with aplix...
Old 08-31-2012, 03:32 PM   #19
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

The grovia hybrid inserts take FOREVER to dry...even in the dryer. Grovia AIO'S wont make it to PTing unless you've got a tiny one. That's all I can add.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:49 PM   #20
loveReese2pieces
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmisterkitty View Post
The grovia hybrid inserts take FOREVER to dry...even in the dryer.

loveReese2pieces is offline   Reply With Quote