Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
ReturnMeHomeAgain
Registered Users
seller

help yeast infection!

So Gremlin is 19m and has a vaginal yeast infection. I went and bought some seventh generation sposies and have her in those for right now. The pedi prescribed her nystatin cream.
Few questions
1) is nystatin CD safe?
2) I've been using coconut oil but is it ok to use both?
3) do I need to treat my CDs?
-> any special way?
4) she's on antibiotics for pertussis so should I keep treating the vaginal yeast infection(even if it clears) until she's off the antibiotics?

OK SO HERE'S MY DUMB QUESTION
I totally should've asked the pedi but didn't even think about it and the male pharmacist had no clue.
Do I put the nystatin internally? Or just on the outside? Like as a grown woman I put it inside and the infection is inside but the cream didn't come with an applicator so I'm completely dumbfounded by what I do. Until I get answers I only put it on the outside. I'm really sorry it's such a dumb question but honestly no idea!

Advertisement

Destashing Grovia shells, soakers, boosters, bioliners & wipes. Also cloth trainers!

http://s754.photobucket.com/user/Nur...ary/ds%20goods
ReturnMeHomeAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:50 PM   #2
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: help yeast infection!

I have no idea about the Nystatin but I wanted to say yes you need to treat the diapers for yeast. When we went through a yeast issue I bleached and sunned. Also if she is on antibiotics I would highly recommend adding a probiotic to her diet as long as she is on them. Hope it clears up mama!

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:55 PM   #3
FriedaT
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've never put Nystatin on DD on the inside, only the outside skin. I don't know for sure, but I've never considered it CD-safe and use a liner.

For DD, we use Nystatin cream, ACV in her bath water, probiotics on her food,1/2 cup of bleach in every diaper load, and 3/4 cup of bleach on all other laundry (towels, bedding, clothing, etc.). We always treat until about a week after the rash is gone to ensure the spores are gone too so it doesn't pop back up.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:07 PM   #4
ReturnMeHomeAgain
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonipie
I have no idea about the Nystatin but I wanted to say yes you need to treat the diapers for yeast. When we went through a yeast issue I bleached and sunned. Also if she is on antibiotics I would highly recommend adding a probiotic to her diet as long as she is on them. Hope it clears up mama!
Yeah she already was on a probiotic so I continued giving it to her. Ughck I hate having to treat her CDs!

Destashing Grovia shells, soakers, boosters, bioliners & wipes. Also cloth trainers!

Old 08-30-2012, 10:08 PM   #5
ReturnMeHomeAgain
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedaT
I've never put Nystatin on DD on the inside, only the outside skin. I don't know for sure, but I've never considered it CD-safe and use a liner.

For DD, we use Nystatin cream, ACV in her bath water, probiotics on her food,1/2 cup of bleach in every diaper load, and 3/4 cup of bleach on all other laundry (towels, bedding, clothing, etc.). We always treat until about a week after the rash is gone to ensure the spores are gone too so it doesn't pop back up.
Ughck thank you. This is retched. I'm sick too so just hoping I can stagger along and get it all done

Old 08-30-2012, 10:14 PM   #6
dauthh
Registered Users
seller

probiotics LOTS AND LOTS of them! no nystatin is not okay for CD and stripe your dipes by doing a dawn&or oxi soak! hope she gets better soon!
dauthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:25 AM   #7
threec's
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was getting ready to post a similar thread - my 1 month old has a yeast rash, and I'm in the process of doing a dawn strip, followed by a bleach wash, then sunning. It's a pain.
My doctor actually said she has had better success using plain old Lotrimin; and after almost one day it's cleared up a TON. I'm guessing I'll have her in sposies for at least a week to make sure it's all gone. Good luck!
threec's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:25 AM   #8
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

Yes definitely keep treating the CDs for at least a week after her skin is clear. If you can, sunning really helps too. Yeast has a nasty way of hiding and coming back.

I would add bleach to every load and wash your hands after every diaper change, including pee changes.

Grapefruit Seed Extract is pricey but it gets rid of yeast and yeast spores too, so after her skin is clear adding around 10 drops to the rinse cycle instead of having to use bleach every time should help a lot. At the first sign of any rash or irritation I add GSE to the wash, just to be safe.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:37 AM   #9
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I think u just put outside. Little ones u don't put inside. Cd safe, idk.
abunchoflemons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:53 AM   #10
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Nyastin is external use only!

We're going through the same thing. I put on sposies until the yeast is gone just to make life easier, and I bleached all my diapers TWICE to be on the safe side.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote