Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-26-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Tide and stains?

I've been using Tide lately and my diapers are staining horribly. Is this normal? Is there something I can do to help?

Advertisement

Old 08-26-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
cobbermama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Are you using the recommended amount? If you are using less [than recommended], it could be that you need to use more detergent.
Old 08-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #3
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Tide and stains?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbermama View Post
Are you using the recommended amount? If you are using less [than recommended], it could be that you need to use more detergent.
I use to the 2 line. I'll try more next time. So stains aren't normal with Tide?
Old 08-26-2012, 03:29 PM   #4
BirthdayMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I rarely get stains with Tide. But I've noticed that, while my dipes come clean with no smell without a cold prerinse, they do end up much more stained, despite using Tide.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #5
Xanders
Registered Users
seller

Yep! Same here! I use to a 3 sometimes! I found it was either RNG or BioKleen BacOut (or those combined, not sure as I used both) that I rarely got stains from. In fact I rewashed a diaper I had to send off to be repaired in RNG & BacOut in order to get the stain out!
Xanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:54 PM   #6
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencrunchymama View Post
I use to the 2 line. I'll try more next time. So stains aren't normal with Tide?
I wouldn't use more detergent than the 2 line (assuming they smell clean and there are no rash issues). The 2 line should be plenty. I read so many "I never get stains" posts but their kid must have special poop. I've used Tide for over a year now and there are always some diapers that are stained (even when I was using the Holy Grail non ultra Tide powder). When my daughter was EBF the stains sunned out really quickly but now that she is on solids I do a lot more work to get the stains out. If you can rinse the poopy diapers before putting them in the pail, that will cut down on staining. Then sun for what's left over. But please don't feel like you're doing anything wrong! There are a lucky few who never get stains but that's not the norm. Stains are normal.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #7
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Stained from? Poo? Yes poo will stain no matter detergent. I prewash b4. Pail & use hot cold water in machine otherwise I have lots of stains. Try sunning & lemon juice. I tried b4 solids to just throw in a poo diaper & it didn't seem to get cleaned well.
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:12 PM   #8
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirthdayMama View Post
I rarely get stains with Tide. But I've noticed that, while my dipes come clean with no smell without a cold prerinse, they do end up much more stained, despite using Tide.
I do a warm prerinse. Wonder if I should switch to cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el's mama View Post
I wouldn't use more detergent than the 2 line (assuming they smell clean and there are no rash issues). The 2 line should be plenty. I read so many "I never get stains" posts but their kid must have special poop. I've used Tide for over a year now and there are always some diapers that are stained (even when I was using the Holy Grail non ultra Tide powder). When my daughter was EBF the stains sunned out really quickly but now that she is on solids I do a lot more work to get the stains out. If you can rinse the poopy diapers before putting them in the pail, that will cut down on staining. Then sun for what's left over. But please don't feel like you're doing anything wrong! There are a lucky few who never get stains but that's not the norm. Stains are normal.
My DD will get a rash but I think she has sensitive skin so we use coconut oil at every change and that keeps it away. I was convinced I was doing something wrong. Thanks for your help!
Old 08-26-2012, 04:59 PM   #9
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I've had better luck with less staining when I do a cold prerinse even though I've read that warm is supposed to do more to prevent them.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #10
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97 View Post
I've had better luck with less staining when I do a cold prerinse even though I've read that warm is supposed to do more to prevent them.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Thanks for your input! I am going to try a cold prerinse next time and hope it works better.