Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-31-2012, 10:39 AM   #1
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yet another annoyed with the school type post

DS1 is starting Pre-K at a small private preschool. When we registered him in June, it was to be MWF for the Pre-K and she had a 3s program on TTh. My niece will also be going to the same school for Pre-K, so my SIL arranged her work schedule around the school schedule since I watch her girls. Last night was Open House/Orientation. She had so many Pre-K register(15) that she isn't doing the 3s this year and instead is splitting everyone up so that each kid has 3 days in some combination. She had DS MWTh, and my niece WThF. My SIL and I spoke to her and explained that we had arranged everything around the MWF schedule and that since I'm watching the girls, they both need to be on those days. She is fixing it, so it's not the end of the world now, but our annoyance is that this was done without contacting any of the parents. The registration form said MWF.

Advertisement

Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:44 AM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Re: Yet another annoyed with the school type post

Annoying, but since she was willing to work with you to fix it, I think that's what important KWIM?
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm glad she's working with you. But rearranging schedules like that is not good. I know a lot of people who arrange work schedules around preschool schedules. She should have let the first X number of kids who signed up into the MWF class and told everyone else that slot is full now but I have this other slot open if you'd like to enroll in that one.
Rhianna'sMommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:35 PM   #4
sojomisa
Registered
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhianna'sMommy View Post
I'm glad she's working with you. But rearranging schedules like that is not good. I know a lot of people who arrange work schedules around preschool schedules. She should have let the first X number of kids who signed up into the MWF class and told everyone else that slot is full now but I have this other slot open if you'd like to enroll in that one.

Yes. There are a lot of kids at our preschool that are picked up by someone other than their parents. It can be a juggle.

I'm glad they're fixing it for you.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:45 PM   #5
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhianna'sMommy View Post
Exactly! If it was just me and my kids, I prob wouldn't care since I'm a SAHM, but there was a LOT of juggling and rearranging involved for the other kids and I would hate to screw it all up.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:50 PM   #6
drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I feel your pain , lol. They changed the schools start times to help with the budding schedules, and people changed their work schedules to work around it. Three weeks into the year they reverted back to last schools schedule with only 4 days notice !