Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-31-2012, 04:53 PM   #1
lalaura
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Help me not be so mad at DD's teacher

We are a good 3 weeks into school which is PLENTY of time to know who your students are. Every Friday DD brings home a Friday folder - last Friday we got another kids class work and paperwork in DD's folder. Their names are spelled differently but pronounced the same. Mine is Jaden hers is Jadynn. The last names are totally different they dont even start with the same letter. I put the other girls paperwork back in DD's Friday folder with a note saying it belonged to the other J.

This week i got that SAME paperwork back along with all of the other child's work. I got NOTHING of my DD's.

All throughout the week my DD has been telling me her teacher calls her the other kids name.

Argh I'm so frustrated. I already told my husband I was going to personally hand the papers back to the teacher on Tuesday AM even though they request not to talk with them in the AM because they are busy getting the kids ready for class.

please excuse craziness - I am on my phone

Advertisement

Proud SAHM to 2 beautiful girls J (03/11/07) and Z (01/18/10)
lalaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:09 PM   #2
sojomisa
Registered Users
seller

Re: Help me not be so mad at DD's teacher

Not excusing her mixing up the names. That would bug me. But here a volunteer (usually a parent) stuffs the folders so it may not be the teacher. I hope it's fixed quickly.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:11 PM   #3
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

yeah we usually have parents or students (depending on the grade) file the papers. Unless it's confidential stuff...but daily work is always filed by someone other than the teacher.
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:05 PM   #4
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaura View Post
We are a good 3 weeks into school which is PLENTY of time to know who your students are. Every Friday DD brings home a Friday folder - last Friday we got another kids class work and paperwork in DD's folder. Their names are spelled differently but pronounced the same. Mine is Jaden hers is Jadynn. The last names are totally different they dont even start with the same letter. I put the other girls paperwork back in DD's Friday folder with a note saying it belonged to the other J.

This week i got that SAME paperwork back along with all of the other child's work. I got NOTHING of my DD's.

All throughout the week my DD has been telling me her teacher calls her the other kids name.

Argh I'm so frustrated. I already told my husband I was going to personally hand the papers back to the teacher on Tuesday AM even though they request not to talk with them in the AM because they are busy getting the kids ready for class.

So are you getting a folder with your DD's name on it with the other child's work? A in, the name spellings don't match? That would bug me. At least match up the spellings! And if you know you get them mixed up, you double check!

OTOH, I am terrible with names that are almost the same. As a former music teacher, Taylor/Tyler really stumped me. But if there was a third, I was fine! It's like if there are two choices, my mind locks on me and I mess it up. I did apologize (a lot) and recall writing little signs for the kids to hold up to help remind me until I got it right. They seemed to get a kick out of teaching me.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:29 PM   #5
lalaura
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever

So are you getting a folder with your DD's name on it with the other child's work? A in, the name spellings don't match? That would bug me. At least match up the spellings! And if you know you get them mixed up, you double check!

OTOH, I am terrible with names that are almost the same. As a former music teacher, Taylor/Tyler really stumped me. But if there was a third, I was fine! It's like if there are two choices, my mind locks on me and I mess it up. I did apologize (a lot) and recall writing little signs for the kids to hold up to help remind me until I got it right. They seemed to get a kick out of teaching me.
Yup folder with my DD's name on it. The spelling is totally different I wouldn't think there would be a mix up.

Proud SAHM to 2 beautiful girls J (03/11/07) and Z (01/18/10)
lalaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:10 PM   #6
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Are you sure the teacher is putting the paperwork in the kids' folders? It could be an aid or the kids themselves?

Have you talked to her about it? I would ask her about it......who knows the reasoning, but better to find out then assume, right?

ETA: it has def happened to us

Last edited by ajane; 08-31-2012 at 08:12 PM.
ajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:53 PM   #7
nebraskamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can totally understand the paper mix up. Honestly putting papers in their folders sometimes ends up an end of the day activity when everyone is getting ready to go home. Kind of surprised that it happend to you twice. Maybe the teacher is calling out the names and handing them the stack, which could explain a whole stack that doesn't belong to your daughter. I am rather puzzled that she would be called the wrong name. Especially since there are two kids who have names who sound the same. Usually for me I remember the kids that I have double names the easiest because I have to make a mental note of who's who. Just my thoughts as a teacher.