Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #1
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My little man is spreading awareness about being intact!

Every time we have a sitter and they change his diaper. We have about 8 different sitters we rotate through so he is def. doing his part, lol! Ok, no pun intended.....really! LOL.

My backstory: If any of our girls would have been boys they would have been cut, but thankfully thanks to the many awesome mama's on this site I learned that I didn't have to cut him "just b/c that is what you do" or b/c an intact penis is "gross" looking. I tell you what when I saw him born whole I def. wasn't going to cut any skin off of him. Especially, since it was made to be there and it wasn't extra skin not normally found on a boy.

Disclaimer: PLEASE do not debate, I'm obviously pro intact and I don't want to hear anything about circ'ing....cause I'm not buying. I do welcome any and all intact stories, questions, etc.

Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 08:28 PM   #2
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: My little man is spreading awareness about being intact!

nice! My little brother (14) and sister (12) recently visited me and when we gave DS a bath my brother asked if he was circed. I said no and said a couple things about how it's cosmetic, unnecessary etc.. I didn't want to say too much b/c my dad was in the other room and my brother is circed...didn't want to make him feel bad. I've talked to my mom about it and she wishes she hadn't done it now.
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:25 AM   #3
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We had no idea when we first had DS, how our lives would change, (we we knew baby changes ) and that in a few years we would end up in a country that has an insanely low Circ rate, and a high incidicent of little one's running around naked. Seriously if there is a water play area, there are naked kids Ds is the norm here, and we are glad for it Even if we stayed in the US he would have still been more in the norm, because of the area we lived in. But that isn't the reason we did it, it just didn't feel right to us. But it is funny how things work out, if we had done it to fit in, he would not have fit in at all.
Fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #4
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Meh, I worked in a special needs school in the infant unit for 2 years and I was so busy that I didn't have time to inspect parts, but just hurried, wiped and changed.
My second son is intact BTW, I think it should be their choice and agree on that.
But I don't really think about what other people think when they have changed my son. It would in all honesty creep me out if something started talking about his penis.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:41 PM   #5
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra
Meh, I worked in a special needs school in the infant unit for 2 years and I was so busy that I didn't have time to inspect parts, but just hurried, wiped and changed.
My second son is intact BTW, I think it should be their choice and agree on that.
But I don't really think about what other people think when they have changed my son. It would in all honesty creep me out if something started talking about his penis.
You don't need to inspect parts to notice a difference. I never said they have mentioned anything about it, but at least they will know that they aren't all the same and you don't have to alter them.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:44 PM   #6
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

I get that, but to be honest, of all the people I saw come and go in that infant room who toileted and changed the infants/toddlers no ever commented on anything. I babysat regularly from the time I was 13 and was a nanny in my 20s for different people and to be honest, I never even noticed. I could not tell if *any* of the boys are circ'ed or intact. Granted some may notice, but sometimes I think we can sometimes be passionate about something when someone else could not care less.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #7
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
I get that, but to be honest, of all the people I saw come and go in that infant room who toileted and changed the infants/toddlers no ever commented on anything. I babysat regularly from the time I was 13 and was a nanny in my 20s for different people and to be honest, I never even noticed. I could not tell if *any* of the boys are circ'ed or intact. Granted some may notice, but sometimes I think we can sometimes be passionate about something when someone else could not care less.
Like I said, no one is going to necessarily comment on it. I wouldn't describe myself passionate about it and I don't care if someone notices or not. But if they do and it makes them notice a difference think about the difference then that is great. You must think I'm taking it seriously than I mean it to be. It was supposed to be a lighthearted.....ahhh....nevermind. I'm not looking to debate or anything.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:24 PM   #8
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

my brother is intact. I remember being shocked and not knowing what was "wrong" with the first circ'd little boy I changed lol
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:29 PM   #9
Terra
seller

My Mood:

I think I'm just weird I just don't think about penis' that much in general. Bigger fish to fry.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #10
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have 3 intact boys, likely the only ones the grandmas and aunts have ever seen. No one has ever said a word, but I have never hid them when I change them and all know we don't circumcise. I consider changing my intact babies in plain sight to be a free education too. I 'm just doing my part to dispel the myth that intact is rare or weird, and doing my part for it to become the "new normal".
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote