Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-16-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
jesajane
Registered Users

My Mood:
Anyone else feel this way?

I wasn't sure where to post this. And I'm not sure what I'm looking for - maybe just some encouragement.

My husband and I are thinking about TTC and I'll be ovulating at the end of this week. But, I'm just not sure I want to do this. I do and I don't.

Let me tell you a little about me. I believe in God, so, I've been praying for an answer but I don't feel like I've gotten a concrete yes or no. My hubby and I have 4 kids, 1 boy, 1 girl and 18 month girl twins. My husband works full time and goes to school part time. He's got 4 years of school left, counting this one. I home school my daughter, but my son is in public school. So, I have my hands full.

We love our kids so much. Yes, they are spirited and drive me crazy but I love them and I love being a mother. My twins are so much fun! This makes us want to expand our family. Watching these little people grow up is amazing.

But I'm scared. While I've been blessed with relatively easy pregnancies, they make me so tired. I don't want to short change my daughter that I home school. And I don't want to miss out on time with the twins because I have no energy to play with them or hold them. I'm scared I'll have twins again. Only because I ended up in the hospital a few times for bleeding and ended up on bedrest for a few weeks. While I can depend on my parents for help, it's not something I really like to do. I feel like my parents have bailed us out of problems one too many times. We are doing much better now - facing challenges head on, basically we grew up. So, relying on them gets frustrating. Lastly, maybe I'm a wimp, but I don't want to give birth again. I've had one natural and 2 c sections. I don't know which is worse.

The last thing you need to know, is that we have this little window to have a child, before things change because of my husband's academic plans. After this year, we would have to wait 3 more years before having a kid. I'm 35 now. I'll be 36 by the time this potential kid could be born. I'm not sure I want to have kids in my 40's. I kinda wanted to be done. And I don't really want to "start over." That's what we did when we had the twins. I'd like to have a close age gap.

I feel like I'm beating my head against the wall trying to decide. One minute, I think, go for it. You can handle whatever comes your way. Then I think, hold it. Be grateful for the blessings you have. Don't make life even harder. End on a high note and enjoy those twins.

Sigh. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Advertisement

jesajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:56 PM   #2
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
It sounds like nervous jitters to me. If you wanted more and made the decision you probably do. BUT if you've changed your mind then dont have more.

Dont have more if you dont want to just because that was the original plan. KWIM?

With that being said, if you do want more I would do it now. I would not want to TTC in 3 years when your girls are 4 1/2. Just have more now. Raise the babies and move on to the next stage in your life.

Good luck!

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:58 PM   #3
jesajane
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else feel this way?

Thanks for the quick reply.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:10 PM   #4
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think you should have a baby now Not in 3 yrs

GOD doesn't give us anything you can't handle. I don't think it would take away from your twins I think they would love a little sibling(s)

If if is meant to be then you will get preg when you ttc now and if it is not meant to be then you will not conceive now.

Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:31 AM   #5
Lexy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think you want another one and are just scared of too many unknowns. I also think you should move forward with TTc
Old 09-17-2012, 02:20 PM   #6
TwinMommaplus2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think most of the mommas here will tell you to do it, start now and dont wait. Im in a very similar boat as you... kids, hubby and praying about it.

This isnt something to just do just for the sake of it... I think this is something you really need to continue to pray on. Maybe DTD during your O time and see what happens. If it wasnt meant to be, it wont. Jitters or not. Pray more!
Motherhood is not a hobby, its a calling, you do not collect children because they are cuter than stamps, Its not something to do if you can squeeze the time in, its what god gave you time for. ~E. Anderson
TwinMommaplus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:17 PM   #7
jesajane
Registered Users

My Mood:

You ladies are awesome! Thanks for all the advice.