Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-01-2012, 09:51 AM   #11
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dealing with pregnancy exhaustion and caring for littles

same here. I have 4 boys 5, 4, 2 and 1 and I am 24 weeks pregnant and exhausted!! lol oh and we homeschool too

Advertisement

Old 09-01-2012, 10:50 AM   #12
millermom1110
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch View Post
Are you teaching K to your 5y/o? We spend about 45 minutes with 5y/o's, I have w/ all my K kids and about an hour w/ my 1st graders. Ahhh, the days If you did nothing w/ your 5y/o until after baby was born and you had time to recover. I give it 6-8 weeks, it would not matter. I am telling from the perspective of the other side. I have two that graduated this past May, one in college. Don't be so hard on yourself. Also, we do school 4 days a week, day 5, Friday, is cleaning, menu planning and errands.
Yes, K to my 5yo and very (very) light prek with the 4 yo. My 4yo is starting speech therapy and special education itinerate services 5 days a week next week (they come to our home in our state)...so I'm interested/nervous to see how that makes things just a tad more chaotic. We're pretty relaxed with our homeschool. I have a basic idea of what I want to accomplish during the day and we sort of just go about it at our own pace. Usually interrupted by laundry, meals, clean-up, errands, etc. Did I also mention that we have an 8wk old puppy? LOL! My house is a circus right now. I really do feel a little bit better today. I think the vitamins were lacking. I always avoid supplements/vitamins because of the stomach issues and I just try to pay more attention to what kind of nutrients I'm taking in with my meals, but I think I just need the extra oomph from an additional supplement right now.
Married to my Best Friend, and Mom to DS (7) DS (6) DD (3) DS (1), Baby #5 due in March 2015.
millermom1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:26 PM   #13
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Pregnancy tea is great for getting extra vitamins.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:23 PM   #14
keithmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I can't say it better than all the moms that have already answered. All the suggestions are so good and do true. The only thing I would add is to watch your sugar intake (if this has been mentioned already I'm sorry). Anyway I'm 37 weeks right now with #7 and noticed that I was having major fatigue around mid morning, and I just felt like I could fall over sleeping. I decided to cut the brown sugar out of my oatmeal and have no sugar in my coffee and it made a world of difference. Just a thought.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #15
Tammygirl24
Registered Users

Great question. I only have 2 and would love more but don't know to balance the two I have without feeling exhausted. I completely look up to moms of many. Right now I just try hard to have a minute to myself. Even if it's a 10 minute shower. Even if I'm tired, it gives me a minute to decompress. Wish I had better advice though.
Tammygirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #16
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am in a similar boat here, I have 16 month old twin girls and I am 14 weeks pregnant. I get really tired in the afternoon. I try to lie down while they are napping in mid-day which helps, I try to go to bed early and I never drink any caff. drinks unless I am having a really bad day so I can reserve it for the important times (that happens about once every 3 weeks). My other trick was to baby proof an entire room and gate it off so I can sit and relax for a while but the kids are safe. There is no easy answer to how to run after little ones when you are pregnant!
Old 09-19-2012, 06:57 AM   #17
Ky-Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am 16 wks preg with #5. My others are 6, 5, 3 and 15 mos. I am not a fan of TV BUT when I'm pregnant and exhausted, I use it. Lol! The younger two will nap and I let the older two pick a movie and I lay on the couch and doze while they watch it. We homeschool as well bit I'm letting a lot slide right now. We go year round so I feel lile I have time to catch up if we fall behind.
Momma to four little miracles! E 07-23-2006 35wks, J 08-15-2007 32wks, A 04-21-2009 34wks, K 07-06-2011 39wks cautiously expecting #5 in Feb '13
Ky-Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #18
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

All I can say is I'm with ya mama! I have two older girls (12 and 8) but they are in school all day and when they get home it's homework, chores, dinner, sports. The baby is 15 months and super busy and into everything. I try to get everything done during her morning nap so I can nap in the afternoon with her. I'm 23 weeks with #4 and work full time as an ER RN so by my days off in exhausted. Right now in in the middle of a 12 hour shift after working 17 hours yesterday.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #19
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

I didn't read through I just wanted to send . I have a 5yo, 3yo, and 23mo and I'm 36 weeks pregnant. I'm SO tired right now. Every day, all day it seems.

We also homeschool and my older two have outgrown naps but they do "rest" everyday after lunch for 60-90 minutes. I don't regulate what they do as long as they aren't bugging me every 5 minutes. Most days that means they are playing in their room with some whooping and hollering but as long as I can have some time to not be entertaining them I can recover for the afternoon.

Hang in there mama. I know some days it feels like I will never have energy again but I know that's not the truth.

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote