Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2012, 11:37 AM   #21
fantasia1117
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Microfiber inserts no longer absorbing?

I had this exact problem a while back and figured out that I simply wasn't using enough absorbent material. My kid was super soaking those inserts and I was getting pee out the leg. I did two things. Started using a doubler and replaced leg elastic in a bunch of my diapers and the problem went away. We are back to using just a regular one size insert now and he is fine. I think it was an age/phase/elastic, leg size problem.

Advertisement

WOHM Mama to my two boys DS#1 (12/30/2007) and DS#2 (10/7/2010). Married to my amazing DH since 7/23/2005.
fantasia1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #22
4ShoreRN
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Microfiber inserts no longer absorbing?

I had an issue like that. I stripped them numerous times with several different stripping methods. Stripping inserts didn't help. I double stuffed the pockets; which helped for a little bit. After awhile my son was either super soaking the microfiber or everything seemed to slide right off like a nonstick pan. I became so frustrated. I got rid of the pockets altogether and switched to all natural fibers. However, that was before Sunbabies came out with bamboo inserts. After using cotton and/or bamboo inserts I won't go back to microfiber. I'm not surprised to hear that microfiber wears out. I had both new and used microfiber inserts, and it makes sense the used ones didn't absorb but the new ones did.
4ShoreRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #23
NiftyB
Registered Users
seller

It's interesting to hear so many different experiences with MF! I don't think we have an absorbency issue. Today I stuffed it with some hemp and bamboo and LO somehow leaked all over her shorts in the shopping cart at the store (oops) but none of the inserts were saturated. She was doing a lot of moving around in the cart, though...twisting and turning around...so I wonder if that caused the leaks. This is SO frustrating!
NiftyB is offline   Reply With Quote