Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-14-2012, 08:55 AM   #11
laura1982
Registered Users
seller

Re: tell me about formula poop

What about after they start on solids? I'm in the don't-want-to-spray camp, too...

Advertisement

laura1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:04 AM   #12
Hi-Dog
Registered Users
seller
seller

Spraying isn't too bad, just keep a wetbag hanging on the bathroom door (we are fortunate to have a half bath in DDs nursery--don't ask me how we got that lucky)

DH did a great job installing our sprayer . . . however I was half asleep this morning and had the sprayer pointing the wrong way and got myself right in the face. GOOD MORNING!
Old 10-05-2012, 10:48 PM   #13
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by clnapoli
I do use a sprayer, but my LO has been on formula exclusively for a month and we don't have any stains on our cloth diapers. I use the flip system and haven't had any problems. The only difference I find from ebf poop is that formula poop is quite a bit stinkier!
Our diapers never stained and I didn't get a sprayer until she was about 10months old.

If diapers are staining, I'd check my wash routine and adjust.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:07 AM   #14
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

DD is on Alimentum and her poop is a very pasty brown to yellowish consistency. We dunk and flush at the moment because it would be nasty to just put straight in the wash. I remember doing that with DS's diapers though. Anyway, we are about to do a DIY diaper sprayer, I'm sick of dunking and flushing after doing it with one kid already. We've never had issues with staining though!

Once they start solids, it's not much of a big difference until they really get onto it full time. It wasn't until my son was around 1.5 I think, that poop became plopable.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:53 AM   #15
EuphoricDysphoria
Registered Users
Formerly: laubear
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueone
DD is on Alimentum and her poop is a very pasty brown to yellowish consistency. We dunk and flush at the moment because it would be nasty to just put straight in the wash. I remember doing that with DS's diapers though. Anyway, we are about to do a DIY diaper sprayer, I'm sick of dunking and flushing after doing it with one kid already. We've never had issues with staining though!

Once they start solids, it's not much of a big difference until they really get onto it full time. It wasn't until my son was around 1.5 I think, that poop became plopable.
Wow you must spend a lot on formula!
Old 11-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #16
Bananasmama
Registered Users

My Mood:

I ff and bf and haven't had issues with stains yet. We bought a sprayer but it doesn't work so I'm still dunking and swishing in the toilet. I've gotten more poop on me with disposables than dunking and swishing so it doesn't bother me!

Also ff poop STINKS!!!
Bananasmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:55 PM   #17
lucysgreenmomma
Registered Users
seller

I ff and used prefolds/covers and never sprayed. We didn't have staining issues into dd started solids. Just threw them into the wash with a cold rinse. No problem!