Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
Mama-to-Elle+One
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hybrid Help (Grovia VS Flip) + Cotton Babies Store Trip.. Hehe!

Hey Mamas,

I need some opinions.. I invested in a whole stash of Grovia AI2's and while I LOVE LOVE LOVE them I dont LOVE them on my baby right now,I think if I could afford to save these until he was bigger, they'd be amazing, but he is chunky but still little at only 2 months old, and we're having tons of leak issues out the tops, but if i make them tight enough to not leak, they're TOO tight.. anyhow..

I bought quite a few best bottoms and we're in LOVE with those, they don't leak at all, not anywhere and fit great, I also love how trim they are....

Here is my question, I want to have more then one type of diaper in my stash, and I have a cotton babies store near me, so a friend and I are going today. YAY!

How do you like your flips? Do they fit like the 4.0's do? Are they trimmer then the grovia (which were still pretty bulky on my babe at this stage) or bulkier? Do you like the insert options?!

I'm deathly afraid that I will go in there and come out with $300 of Freetimes, LMFAO, so i am trying to get a game plan set, ahead of time...

Thanks so much ladies, I really appreciate your help!

Advertisement

Mama-to-Elle+One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:16 PM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Re: Hybrid Help (Grovia VS Flip) + Cotton Babies Store Trip.. Hehe!

I have tried Grovia and Flip. The Flip cover is cut more generously, it is wider in the crotch, just bigger all over. I hated it and love my Grovia's. I also thought the organic insert (I refuse to do microfiber) was much bulkier than Grovia's. Just my experience. Lots of mama's love love their flips. I've heard so many good things about Softbums that I bought a couple used to try, cuz DD2 is literally exactly inbetween rises on the Grovia, and I need a little something to fill in the gap.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #3
Mama-to-Elle+One
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Oh how funny, Lol! Maybe it'll be purely a preference thing. I just cannot get a good fit with the grovias as much as I want to, I do use the stay dry so I guess I'll have to look at those inserts. I actually have a softbums shell and 9 inserts on it's way to me to try since their pods work in the best bottom covers, won't be a loss if I don't like the shell.

I appreciate your reply! Thanks mama!
Mama-to-Elle+One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:32 PM   #4
Micheliala
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've used both and i think you could really like the flips. they are wider and for me anyway easier to get a good fit. I like the trimness of the grovia but when my little guy was under a year i didn't like the fit at all but loved the flips and econobums yes, they fit very similar to the 4.0

Hyenacart, Babyshapes on Etsy
Micheliala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #5
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

I wasn't happy with our Grovia's (ds outgrew them by 12 months, had quality issues, etc) but loved our Bumgenius (4.0 & Elementals) & Flip diapers (stay dry & organic inserts). The stay dry inserts with the Flip covers are very trim. I really love the Flip inserts & have used them in other diapers as well.
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:48 PM   #6
Mama2Too
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssand23 View Post
I wasn't happy with our Grovia's (ds outgrew them by 12 months, had quality issues, etc) but loved our Bumgenius (4.0 & Elementals) & Flip diapers (stay dry & organic inserts). The stay dry inserts with the Flip covers are very trim. I really love the Flip inserts & have used them in other diapers as well.
That's funny because I had the exact opposite experience. Bought 3 Flips from our local natural baby store. The fit and quality was horrendous. Broken snaps, runs in fabric and the final straw was failed elastic within 2 months. The fit was super wide in the crotch too. I really don't get why people like them. I took them back to the store and they were nice enough to exchange them for GroVia. We LOVE them....truly love them. Great trim fit, the quality is great. We have a few of their soaker pads, but use them with prefolds and flats too. I think I just really like the trimness. We're 18+ months in diapering mainly with GroVia and don't have a single complaint!
Mama2Too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:49 PM   #7
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

My babies are both either skinny or small for their ages, so they drowned in Flips. Seems generally people are either Flip fans or Grovia fans.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:04 PM   #8
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would pick some flips up while you're there. It's the only place you can do the buy 2 get 1 free sale and include the prints.
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:10 PM   #9
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
My babies are both either skinny or small for their ages, so they drowned in Flips. Seems generally people are either Flip fans or Grovia fans.
so true... I'm a GroVia fan, I found the flip cover to be a terrible fit on my kids, and really, they are a glorified prefold and cover, you could do the same thing as Flip for way less $$$ if you did prefolds and covers!

I prefer the fit of GroVia, but I think at 2 months ANY one size diaper is going to seem bulky and that you really should wait until 4 months before you decide on a style that is going to work with you long term, and even though I LOVE my GroVia, I have several other items in my stash, mostly because DS is so rash prone and I love having fitteds and wool for him, which I was never able to have for my daughter.
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:16 PM   #10
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

We used Grovia for a while too and I loved them for when my DD was itty bitty (although she was never truly itty bitty because she was 10 lbs. 2 oz. at birth so that is my reference point for fit ) but as she got older, I needed to loosen them around the waist but I found that it made the legs a little loose and they rubbed her chubby thighs raw. I ended up getting rid of them. I like Flips. They are gentle on the thighs. We use them with padfolded flats or PFs and not actually the Flips inserts so they are just a cover, not really a "true" Hybrid/AI2 (but isn't that what flats and covers are anyway? )

ETA - Definitely save them to see if your baby fits them when he gets a little bigger!

Last edited by justineybean; 08-30-2012 at 06:18 PM.
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote