Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2012, 08:04 AM   #111
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Sept 1st - 15th)

I'm feeling huge too. I checked and I'm bigger in the waist than I was with either Andrew or Luke (although I weigh less). I swear I'm getting kicks near my kidneys.

Advertisement

Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:08 AM   #112
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlids View Post
yesterday was an anxiety filled day for me . it took me a few mins to find it as i'm only 11 weeks but i found it and it was 173. i'm so glad i bought it. now when i feel like was yesterday i can just listen and feel better. i could listen to that wonderful sound all day!
Sorry for the crappy day, but for finding the hb! that sound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedByCarolyn View Post
I had my 15 week checkup today.My baby is alive and well today! <3
for that hb here too! Sorry about the darn placenta being in the way, but in another few weeks when baby gets bigger (cuz they grow SO much in that 2nd tri!) I bet you'll be feeling lots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbitcrunchy View Post
Wow...just wow!
Yeah, it was just really strange timing, kwim? I sad that to her and she agreed and said "but this isn't a coincidence, I don't believe that. All in god's timing."
It was really neat.

The only down side is that, while I got her first name, her kids' names, and even her DH's name and where he works, I never got her contact info. For some reason I was too scared to ask if she wanted to exchange #s.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #113
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
That encounter at McDs was crazy! But I also think a sign in some way, and definitely very special.

Yay for all the HBs and good appts!

I'm celebrating the 4th anniversary of my 28th birthday today. I woke up to homemade red velvet cupcakes on my counter. Then, DH had to come home from work this morning bc he forgot his laptop charger and he walked in the door with a fresh fruit edible arrangement! Yum yum!! I'm going to need help eating all this. Also 14w today and I think I felt the babe move again last night. Comforted for another few days.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:43 AM   #114
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Happy Birthday Trace!!!

on a side note I'm going crazy, cause I swear I have been feeling kicks near my kidneys at the bottom of my rib cage. it's weird
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #115
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers
A thread for all the mamas to be who have had a loss.
I just wanted to say how happy I am for you to read you are pregnant. I know losing Elliana was hard and I still think of you and her. Praying for both you and this new little one. I know pregnancy after loss isn't easy. Heck, life after loss itself is tough and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Sending lots of good thoughts to all you ladies. Rainbows do happen as I hold 2 in my arms and thank God every day for my living children.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:27 AM   #116
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213 View Post
That encounter at McDs was crazy! But I also think a sign in some way, and definitely very special.

I'm celebrating the 4th anniversary of my 28th birthday today. I woke up to homemade red velvet cupcakes on my counter. Then, DH had to come home from work this morning bc he forgot his laptop charger and he walked in the door with a fresh fruit edible arrangement! Yum yum!! I'm going to need help eating all this. Also 14w today and I think I felt the babe move again last night. Comforted for another few days.
I do, too... I just don't know exactly what it means. I want to take comfort from it, but don't want to get hopes up, kwim?

those are some wonderful birthday presents

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowitchgrl View Post
on a side note I'm going crazy, cause I swear I have been feeling kicks near my kidneys at the bottom of my rib cage. it's weird
like at the same time? i don't say this too lightly, or jokingly... it's a feeling i keep getting from your posts for some reason... but how would you feel if it was twins?

no matter what - movement is

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohaas View Post
I just wanted to say how happy I am for you to read you are pregnant. I know losing Elliana was hard and I still think of you and her. Praying for both you and this new little one. I know pregnancy after loss isn't easy. Heck, life after loss itself is tough and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Sending lots of good thoughts to all you ladies. Rainbows do happen as I hold 2 in my arms and thank God every day for my living children.
thank you so much, holly
Old 09-06-2012, 09:50 AM   #117
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
like at the same time? i don't say this too lightly, or jokingly... it's a feeling i keep getting from your posts for some reason... but how would you feel if it was twins?

no matter what - movement is
No, typically not at the same time. It still seems insane that it could be movement. I'm crap at finding the top of my uterus, but I'd swear it's just below my belly button which means it *couldn't* be kicking. But it sure feels like it!

I have cared for 2 babies at the same time, so twins to me doesn't involve any of the sunshine and roses that often comes with the "idea" of having twins. The reality of what it means is very vivid to me and it's a lot of work, especially for the first year. I know I can care for 2 babies at once, but it wouldn't be my first choice mostly I'd be very, very concerned about getting through the pregnancy especially since my BP is already creeping up. But I've checked and checked and checked and only can palpitate and feel one baby and hear only 1 heart beat so I think it's just one. I'm probably feeling huge cause I'm stretched out from this being my 6th pregnancy.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:07 AM   #118
ChocolateMoose
Registered Users
seller

Wow, so many hopeful things happening!

DS woke me up this morning with "6 more days until the baby comes"!

Now that we have names set and the baby stuff is coming out of storage, it's really starting to feel real! I can't sleep anymore (I've been measuring 40 weeks for 8 weeks now, there is NO such thing as comfortable)...so I've sewed up all my projects, assembled the stroller/car seat, and washed clothes for the hospital. I even crocheted a few photo props for the birth announcement!

I've been having contractions for a few weeks now, and I started losing my mucus plug last week....so even if I didn't have a c/s scheduled for the 12th, we'd definately be in the home stretch. Some days, I'm not sure I'll make it as far as the 12th though!

Of course, since I'm finally starting to accept baby might arrive okay, everything else had to fall apart this week....DD1 had a SEVERE allergic reaction that took us days to figure out was poison ivy because it was resistant to all treatment, I had the filling I just got 2 months ago fall out, my new smartphone died, and our van transmission is going! And yet, I will take all of that and more as long as this baby arrives healthy!!!!
Old 09-06-2012, 11:23 AM   #119
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowitchgrl View Post
No, typically not at the same time. It still seems insane that it could be movement. I'm crap at finding the top of my uterus, but I'd swear it's just below my belly button which means it *couldn't* be kicking. But it sure feels like it!

I'm probably feeling huge cause I'm stretched out from this being my 6th pregnancy.
Gotcha. At this point your fundus should be at your belly button, you're right. But with multiple pregnancies things do stretch easier/quicker, so maybe it's sitting larger than that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateMoose View Post
DS woke me up this morning with "6 more days until the baby comes"!

Of course, since I'm finally starting to accept baby might arrive okay, everything else had to fall apart this week....DD1 had a SEVERE allergic reaction that took us days to figure out was poison ivy because it was resistant to all treatment, I had the filling I just got 2 months ago fall out, my new smartphone died, and our van transmission is going! And yet, I will take all of that and more as long as this baby arrives healthy!!!!
Holy sheep is right! Sorry about all the crappy things going on But you're totally right - take that and more to have a healthy baby to bring home!
Old 09-06-2012, 11:41 AM   #120
emeyer76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Yeah, it was just really strange timing, kwim? I sad that to her and she agreed and said "but this isn't a coincidence, I don't believe that. All in god's timing."
It was really neat.
That story gave me chills, in a good way, and literally brought tears to my eyes! I agree, it's not a coincidence - she was meant to meet you, whatever her purpose, and I see it as a sign of good things to come!

I don't usually go all superstitious and start reading into "signs" or even get all that spiritual (I am very analytic by nature and a scientist at heart), but this pregnancy just feeeeeeeels different to me, and there are some signs that I just can't gloss over. Pardon me while I go all esoteric on you all...

Right before we started to TTC, DH and I started noticing a lot more "coincidences" were happening to both of us. Like we were talking about some obscure song and mentioning that we hadn't heard it in ages, and then we popped on TV and that exact song was playing on music videos (it was really obscure and old and neither of us had ever seen a video for it), and even mundane stuff like both of us texting each other at the same time and suggesting we go to the same restaurant for dinner that night. There were other things that didn't seem monumental, but when they happened one after another, we took notice! It's always seemed to me, that when I am on the "right" path in life, I notice more and more coincidences, and when I'm acting out of character or making poor decisions, I don't see those. It had been a few years since I'd really taken notice of any coincidences, so when all these little things started showing up for my and DH (who is not at all superstitious or anything), it was hard not to notice.

The last two nights DH and I have stayed up late talking about this baby... which was really the first time that we've ever talked about him/her since we got the BFP. We were both saying that as soon as we accepted that this will be our last try, and that whatever the outcome we will still be blessed to have our little family, everything just seemed to change for us for the better. Until that point I was still searching for answers and considering IVF with genetic screening, and DH was still staunchly insisting that he was done for good. But once we both decided on one more try just the old-fashioned way.... it was like the air changed and we sort of got the feeling that everything was going to be okay. Not that fear doesn't creep up sometimes and take hold, but I really feel different about this pregnancy, vs the last 3 losses. I can't explain it, but both DH and I feel the same way.

And then there are the numbers.... which really gives me goosebumps!

BFP on Friday the 13th....
at 13dpo....
first u/s on August 13th...
due date of 3/23/13.....
which adds up to 3 (3+2+3+1+3=12 and 1+2=3)

And then when I googled the significance of #3, this is the first thing that I clicked on: Number 3 is the epitome of goodness. It symbolizes sacrifice, purest love, and eternal giver to humanity.....

Like I said, I'm not usually into this stuff, but I just about when I put all those numbers down on paper and read the significance of #3....

Okay, carry on with your normal discussion. My brain is working overtime lately and i just wanted to get that out onto "paper" so I can get it out of my head! LOL!

eta: ugh, 12 not 21! Boy, I miss my caffeinated coffee!

Last edited by emeyer76; 09-06-2012 at 11:45 AM.
emeyer76 is offline   Reply With Quote