Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-16-2012, 07:13 AM   #291
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Sept 1st - 15th)

It is time to start a new list!

I was thinking we'd start it, and say what the group is for, and that we'd put a list of the members in the second post with a warning saying "if you don't want to read this info, please quickly skim past the second post. Thoughts?

Advertisement

Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:33 AM   #292
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowitchgrl View Post
It is time to start a new list!

I was thinking we'd start it, and say what the group is for, and that we'd put a list of the members in the second post with a warning saying "if you don't want to read this info, please quickly skim past the second post. Thoughts?
Sounds good to me - you could put it in the first post, the normal "line" and then a 2nd line saying something about having our list in the 2nd post?
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:48 AM   #293
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Sounds good to me - you could put it in the first post, the normal "line" and then a 2nd line saying something about having our list in the 2nd post?
Sounds good.

How do we want to compile the list(s)? I think a long line of updates might be hard, especially for newcomers so I was thinking PMs to whomever makes the list(s)?

Also, do we want both a rainbow baby list, and a list for those who have lost a baby? I think that might be an opt in list, though, since the mamas who are having a loss may not want to be on it.
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:05 AM   #294
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowitchgrl View Post
Sounds good.

How do we want to compile the list(s)? I think a long line of updates might be hard, especially for newcomers so I was thinking PMs to whomever makes the list(s)?

Also, do we want both a rainbow baby list, and a list for those who have lost a baby? I think that might be an opt in list, though, since the mamas who are having a loss may not want to be on it.
Hmm... I think any/all areas of the list should be "opt in", kwim? I don't care for myself, but I wouldn't want anyone offended by being put out there on a list.
Maybe add a little bit at the bottom of the list saying something like "if you'd like to be added, just pm me"? Definitely we'd have to ask specifically those who have had another loss.

More hmm...
definitely a "Rainbows" list - cuz that's WONDERFUL!!!! to see!!! (cuz I'm OCD, with the letters in the right color order )
and I think some who have had another loss may want to have a spot - maybe just under or something like that?
did we want a general expecting list? maybe like "hopefully/prayerfully "?

Last edited by canadianbakers; 09-16-2012 at 08:06 AM.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #295
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
I like the list ideas. I'm game for any and I like the PM/opt in options.

AFM: Mentally prepping for my 16w appt tomorrow morning. Kinda glad I'm working a 12 hr shift today. Keeps my mind busy.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:51 AM   #296
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Agreed, so how about a message like the second post contains info on our rainbow babies born safely and those who have had a loss so we can pray for them. Please scroll down if you don't want to read.

If you want to be included on this list, PM XYZ with the details and XYZ will add you.

*it can maybe evolve from there, see how it goes for a few weeks and whether we're feeling like it's more helpful than not?

Now, who wants to start it?
Old 09-16-2012, 01:21 PM   #297
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

There are a couple of ways that we can hide the lists from people. One way is to use the SPOILER tags [ spoiler] and [ /spoiler] around the text. It'll show up like this when you take out the spaces:

Hidden:
Hi, how are you?

With that one, the text within the tags can be colored/bolded/whatever, same as in just a regular post.

Another way is to use "white" text (but not "white" white, since the forum white is actually not completely white). The color code, I believe, is F7F7F7 (where true white is FFFFFF). With this, a smiley at the beginning and end of the invisible ink text could be placed, and people can "highlight" in between the smileys to see the lists. Like this:

Here's our list:

Me

You

Them
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:56 PM   #298
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Those both work out. I can't decide
Old 09-16-2012, 06:00 PM   #299
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey mamas, just checking in the say our rainbow arrived 2 weeks ago on Septembe 3rd. Unfortunately he's in the Continuing Care Nursery and probably will be for another week or two. He's doing well, just needs to wean off some medications but it's a slow and heartbreaking process :-/

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:13 PM   #300
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Aw Alycia, that sounds really hard. I hope he's strong enough to be get shortly