Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-02-2012, 02:46 PM   #31
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72
I hope you ladies don't mind if I join you. It doesn't seem real to me yet, but last Monday at my RE appointment he told me I was pregnant but my hcg was so low (6) that I was most likely going to lose it. In his words it's a one in a million chance and will take a miracle to keep it. Well, in the week since then he's been having blood draws every two days and they have been more than doubling each time. I'm still not optimistic yet, and he's far from it, but I guess that's the best outcome we could hope for. I'm terrified! and happy all at the same time. This is my 7th pregnancy but I only have one child. They have all been lost before 12 weeks. It's taken us 3 1/2 years to get this pregnancy. Well, I guess one year since my last loss but it was 2 1/2 years before that. Basically dh and I have been trying for 10 years and we're so ready for this to work. But at this point looking at my track record it feels doomed from the start. I could really use a place for some support. I'm on the TTC "struggling for more" thread, but I'm starting to feel bad updating there and feel like maybe pregnancy updates and support need to go elsewhere. Anyway, I have another blood draw tonight up at the hospital and then again Tuesday. The RE's PA called me yesterday and wants to schedule an early ultrasound for 5 1/2 weeks. That scares me even more since I know they won't see anything but an empty sac. What's the point? Then my OB is already wanting to schedule me for an 8 week ultrasound (seems pointless since I feel doubtful I'll make it that far.) Anyway, is it alright that I join even though I'm so early I'm not even positive it's real? Last year I lost it right about this time and it was termed a chemical but last year it felt very real to me since I had symptoms and felt pregnant. So far I feel nothing.

I completely know where you're coming from. My first four pregnancies were losses, and yet this last one was by far the worst for me. But you are right it is a different pain completely.

Me too. Not so much now.

It's actually been kind of healing to read through you ladies' thread. I'm shocked that I"m not the only one who has heard so many of these awful things. We actually hadn't told anyone about our first several losses. This last one we told my mom and MIL as it was happening and they both tried to be supportive but it sure didn't come out that way. A week after my last loss my SIL (who was in middle school when dh and I got married and started trying) called to let us know she was pregnant, not happy about it, and didn't want it. She went on to have a healthy baby girl (her third in 4 yrs) 1 week after the due date of my last loss. Two weeks after that my other SIL (my brother's wife) called to let us know they were expecting as well, she was at least mindful of my pain. She had a baby girl one week before my EDD. The real kicker, my EDD was my mom's birthday. I'm born on my grandma's birthday so it was kind of a big deal to me. My SIL ended up using my mom's middle name as her daughter's middle name which is what we had been wanting to do. It's been a long painful year, and I am so ready for this to work, but also terrified of going through yet another loss.
You're definitely welcome to join us! I hope your numbers continue to climb!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum

Advertisement

TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:07 PM   #32
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Sept 1st - 15th)

Thank you ladies. I to over analyze everything. I'm leaving for the hospital in about 5 min to go have the blood draw. Luckily, they usually have it uploaded to my online account with in the hour so I should know by the time I get home since it's about 45 min away. Really hoping for good news.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:57 PM   #33
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Keep us posted!
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:19 PM   #34
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ug....I have my Level 2 ultrasound on Friday...I'll be 18 weeks exactly and I'm really starting to get anxious. We lost a little boy at almost 24 weeks d/t Trisomy 13. When we did IVF/ICSI for this one, RE said the chances of having another T13 baby would be extremely rare. Everything has been going well, so far...could I get some prayers for Friday? Appointment is at 9:45....THANKS!
Old 09-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #35
girlichick
Registered Users
seller

I had an anterior placenta with one of my pregnancies, and it sounds exactly like what you are describing Sarah. I felt movement early (around 15 weeks) and then when I was farther along babys movements were harder to feel. And the midwife always had to move the doppler around the placenta to hear baby.

AFM: our rainbow baby is here!! Ayla was born at 12:30 am 9/1/12. She's 8lb 4oz and perfect. I got to the birth center at 8 pm, and immediately had the midwife check heart tones and make sure baby was still ok. It was an intense labor, and I will say I finally believed everything would be ok when they told me to look and I saw my husband guiding her out and putting her right on my chest. We both cried and felt so much relief. It's so very different and I could not believe it was happening (very surreal!). I will say it is soooo worth it! I had so much anxiety the entire pregnancy, it feels like a weight is gone now. Hard to put into words. But so worth it. I will continue to keep you ladies in my prayers and check in to see how your pregnancies are going!
Old 09-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #36
girlichick
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleyjudemommy
Ug....I have my Level 2 ultrasound on Friday...I'll be 18 weeks exactly and I'm really starting to get anxious. We lost a little boy at almost 24 weeks d/t Trisomy 13. When we did IVF/ICSI for this one, RE said the chances of having another T13 baby would be extremely rare. Everything has been going well, so far...could I get some prayers for Friday? Appointment is at 9:45....THANKS!
Hugs and prayers mama <3
Old 09-02-2012, 04:43 PM   #37
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlichick
I had an anterior placenta with one of my pregnancies, and it sounds exactly like what you are describing Sarah. I felt movement early (around 15 weeks) and then when I was farther along babys movements were harder to feel. And the midwife always had to move the doppler around the placenta to hear baby.

AFM: our rainbow baby is here!! Ayla was born at 12:30 am 9/1/12. She's 8lb 4oz and perfect. I got to the birth center at 8 pm, and immediately had the midwife check heart tones and make sure baby was still ok. It was an intense labor, and I will say I finally believed everything would be ok when they told me to look and I saw my husband guiding her out and putting her right on my chest. We both cried and felt so much relief. It's so very different and I could not believe it was happening (very surreal!). I will say it is soooo worth it! I had so much anxiety the entire pregnancy, it feels like a weight is gone now. Hard to put into words. But so worth it. I will continue to keep you ladies in my prayers and check in to see how your pregnancies are going!
Congratulations!! I totally started crying. So happy for you!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #38
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleyjudemommy View Post
Done. And sending your way too. I can't believe you're already to 18 weeks. It seems like you just left the other thread. It's nice to see some familiar "faces" here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlichick View Post

AWESOME!! I love happy endings, congrats!
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:31 PM   #39
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
Thank you ladies. I to over analyze everything. I'm leaving for the hospital in about 5 min to go have the blood draw. Luckily, they usually have it uploaded to my online account with in the hour so I should know by the time I get home since it's about 45 min away. Really hoping for good news.
I am so so so excited to see you here Laurel! I had a feeling when you posted about you HCG being a 6 that this was good news- anything over is positive ight?? I'll be keeping all my finges and toes crossed that they continue to rise!

Quote:
Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlichick View Post

Congrats mama!! I totally get the anxiety filled pregnancy and now that I'm due any time now I don't know what I feel. Part of me wants to keep him in where I know he's safe (we risk a NICU stay after birth) and part of me just wants him out so I can keep him safe in my arms. They are such crazy feelings.

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:33 PM   #40
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I know how terrifying level 2 ultrasounds are!! Praying for a healthy little baby in there.

Welcome Slimy72! I'm so sorry for your many losses....prayers that this little one stays put and keeps growing!
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote