Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #11
lrgs
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Another softbums questions :-)

I think it would be easy to sew some fleece on top if you find your baby needs the stay dry or you could just buy some fleece liners and put them in when you do your laundry sorting/folding. I had Softbums for awhile and used Bummis prefolds in them, I preferred them to the mifrofiber pods that I had (just because I don't like microfiber). I think Bummis preemie prefolds would work well for in your shells for the newborn stage. Those would be easy to add fleece to if you wanted to as well. I don't find my prefolds rough at all......they are nice and quilty soft.

Advertisement

Old 09-03-2012, 01:37 PM   #12
ksburgess
Registered Users
seller

I change my LO right away upon wetting, so I've only got a stay-dry layer on nighttime diapers (it's stay-dry over bamboo and works very well, but not Softbums). I have used my Softbums with a trifolded pre-fold and that's a bit bulky but works very well if we need.

I also like the Alva bamboo inserts for my Softbums shells - I fold one in half in the wet zone, DH lays it out flat... both work well.

I think that adding a snap to the small bamboo inserts would be fine as long as you can get your snap through the layers you need it through I probably won't do snaps on our minis but I've considered doing snaps on some of the Alva inserts.

ksburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:38 PM   #13
ksburgess
Registered Users
seller

I change my LO right away upon wetting, so I've only got a stay-dry layer on nighttime diapers (it's stay-dry over bamboo and works very well, but not Softbums). I have used my Softbums with a trifolded pre-fold and that's a bit bulky but works very well if we need.

I also like the Alva bamboo inserts for my Softbums shells - I fold one in half in the wet zone, DH lays it out flat... both work well.

I think that adding a snap to the small bamboo inserts would be fine as long as you can get your snap through the layers you need it through I probably won't do snaps on our minis but I've considered doing snaps on some of the Alva inserts.

ksburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #14
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

I haven't read all the replies so this might be a repeat. I did put snaps on my mini bamboo pods, but I can still use 2 on my 10 month old and snaping them in makes them to low to hit his wet zone. It would work for a newborn, but not an older baby. I also use pad folded flats in both the echo and he omni and they work great! Prefolds trifolded would fit also, but a snappied pf would not work in the echo without a lot of tucking.

Hope this helps! We love our soft bums!
theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote