Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2012, 05:35 PM   #11
clothdiapercrunchy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Trying to Make Peace with 1st C-section in 4 Days :(

It sounds like emotionally you have been through so much. I love that you two are working towards this together. I am going to be searching for the same from a hospital as you. I hope you have found the right place. I pray everything goes well.

Advertisement

Old 09-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #12
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Good for you for taking charge!! I hope that LO flips for you.
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #13
made4this
Active Contributor
Formerly: boyfarm3
seller
seller

My Mood:

Not sure if this is an option for you, but one of the family practice residents I used to interpret for occasional performed accupuncture in clinic. One of the (hard-core conventional) nurses told me about watching one of his accupuncture versions, and how amazing it was and how they could see the baby turn. I have never tried accupuncture, but if I ever have a breech baby, I'm gonna try that.
made4this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:26 PM   #14
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

So glad to see you and dh working together to make the tough choices that need to be made to better your experience!

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DS Forum
Old 09-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #15
Xythnia
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keidlog View Post
Good luck to you. I had a c- section with my first, and hoping for a home birth this time. There are providers here who will deliver breach vaginally (my friend did it at home with a dr last year!) is that a possibility?
Unfortunately, we have been unable to find ANY providers who will assist with a breech birth so far. I am still making rounds. Our assigned then dropped doc, while meeting with him, said this:

'In Poland I have delivered breech vaginally before..but here, I will not. If I did it would be like this to my license.' He then proceeds to make grand hand gestures of tearing up his license then scattering it to the air. DH was TICKED.

Still thinking Violet will not be here til tomorrow at the earliest...or over the weekend. We have tried accupuncture (very cool experience, no pain either), doing inverted positions + moxa treatments at home daily (applying mugwort sticks to the ends of pinkie toes). That same doc would not attempt a version (but that one kind of frightened me anyways, especially so far along). It sucks because the home treatments are REALLY making her move CONSTANTLY - but not flip!

I have now randomly spoken to 5 women in the last 2 days about breech births, just because they see my bump and comment/ask questions. Three had their breech babies vaginally...two were c/s. The 2 OB nurses I've spoken to have never seen one. So sad...

I just finished a thread were someone felt it necessary to tell the mom how 'dangerous' her attitude was and how all her faith should be in the medical professionals not herself and how she is selfishly trying to murder her child...ugh! For those who have commented, thank you for bringing positive energy and prayers! So much more productive and healing!
ISO: Size 1 Mini Nappis, Capris, Simplex, and Thirsties
Xythnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:12 AM   #16
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

mama. I wish you were in Dallas since my OB does breech! There's still hope she'll flip during labor, fingers crossed!

Oh, how dramatic of that doc ripping up his imaginary license.
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #17
aimeeturd
Registered Users

My Mood:
I delivered my first child via c-section in July. I can tell you that I was devastated when I learned this would be how my delivery would go! I had it all planned out and the whole time I was pregnant I would say "just as long as I don't have to have a c-section". It was my worst fear! I had taken hypnobirthing classes and my sister had done 7 natural births so I felt prepared. Well, I ended up with preeclampsia and my baby was measuring 9 lbs at 37 weeks so a c-section it was. I bawled like a baby for the 3 hours before my surgery. I can tell you that it was not nearly what I built it up as in my mind. Surgery was simple and my recovery was so smooth. Unfortunately my baby boy had a pneumothorax and ended up in the NICU so there was no immediate nursing but the hospital helped to get me pumping right away & he is quite the pro at breastfeeding now so it can be done. Even though it wasn't my "plan", I am completely fine with it because the end result was my beautiful baby! Just go in with a positive attitude and you'll be fine.
aimeeturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #18
Xythnia
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

In less than 4 hours I will officially be 6 days "late".

This is the first day I haven't broken down in tears for a second or two during the day thinking about the c/s. We all went for a long walk thru the neighborhood. Had a chance to get all the groceries and some frozen items (hurrah for BOGO sales at Sprouts!) for the week. The entire family is on alert and just waiting to hear from us. Bags are packed, instructions have been left and I even finished my C-Section Birth Plan.

At this point I just want to meet my daughter! I don't want to waste time on stupid things anymore. Like the fact that I am eating up unpaid leave waiting for her to arrive. Or hating how much progress we have in weaponry but we haven't advanced ultrasounds to see were the heck the umbilical cord is. Etc, etc. My poor husband's nerves are frayed worrying about my current state (muscle and pelvic pain, 'false' labor, getting the toddler to grandma's then me to the center when I go into labor, all the negative 'what ifs'.

Praying for a super healthy baby, overly competent and compassionate anesthesiologist/OB/nurses and a speedy/smooth recovery. I have to go back to work in 2 months (so long compared to some but so short when its your baby...) and I want to enjoy as much of it as possible!

...and not QUITE giving up hope that she will flip at the last second! ^_^
Old 09-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #19
made4this
Active Contributor
Formerly: boyfarm3
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mama I will pray that toooo! It will be okay. I was a medical interpreter for 10 years and witnessed bunches of births, including c-sections, and most of those mamas did great afterwards. Sore but not the stuff of nightmares one would think. And nurses give EXTRA attention to c-section mamas to make sure their pain is controlled and that they are doing what's needed to speed recovery. AND..she might flip! But if she doesn't, just think about the risk you are avoiding. Sometimes we get so caught up in our own idea of a beautiful birth that we forget that 150 years ago there were many babies lost during birth and sometimes mamas too. Living now gives you a choice you wouldn't have had then. And what will matter is the relationship you will have with little Violet; she won't care how it got started
made4this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #20
Xythnia
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

In less than 4 hours I will officially be 7 days "late".

I have been doing the exercises AND walking the neighborhood. Either she will flip or I will go into labor - ONE of those is progress (on my side - on her's I am sure she is just fine)!

Thanks again for the positive words. I am being as positive as possible at this point. However...

I still think a mother deserves a positive birth experience. Nine months of pregnancy and the birth itself are the journey - the destination - your safe, healthy new baby - is a huge but distinct part of that. I am not one to blows off either, especially when a traumatic birth experience can literally mar and infect the relationship with your child, family and one's inner self.

Good news for me is that those who shared their horror stories gifted me with the information and voice to do all I can to protect myself from such an experience!

Have I mentioned I am SO ready to meet our daughter and NOT be pregnant anymore!?!

Last edited by Xythnia; 09-09-2012 at 11:39 PM.