Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-09-2012, 09:22 PM   #21
Hopper Graphics
Registered Users
Formerly:PurlyQ
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Trying to Make Peace with 1st C-section in 4 Days :(

I attend our local ICAN chapter every month. Your attitude is amazing and inspiring! Praying for you and your sweet babe. You are doing a wonderful job. What lucky kids you have to have such a smart, strong mama and daddy!

Advertisement

Last edited by Hopper Graphics; 09-09-2012 at 09:28 PM. Reason: and dad too!
Hopper Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #22
marvelous
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just stumbled upon your story and I will be praying for you!!!! Either that little Violet flips or that you have a positive birth overall. She is already so blessed to have an awesome mama!

I am so encouraged by your strength and the relationship between you and your husband. I have a friend who just had her DD today by scheduled c-section because she found out late last week that she was breech. I wanted so bad to tell her to try different things to try to get the baby to flip, but she doesn't view birth the way I do, so I tried to stay out of it. I found myself mourning the loss of her traditional birth when I have my own birth to worry about in less than two weeks! I still don't know why I was wrapped up in someone else's birth!

Even if you end up with a c-section, please find strength in all that you did to try to get things to go the way you planned. I know at this point you are just ready to hold that baby girl in your arms. Blessings to you and little Violet!
Old 09-12-2012, 01:13 AM   #23
Xythnia
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Violet's still footling breech. All vitals are great on us both. Walked 3 miles tonight. Felt like back labor through the final 1.5 miles but disappeared once we got home/sat down. No show, no real contractions, no ruptured waters. Just waiting (somewhat impatiently ) for this little one to put down her "Occupy Uterus" sign and come out to play!

Thank you so much for the kindness and blessings. Going to pass out now (we're exhausted so this would be a PERFECT time for her to arrive )
ISO: Size 1 Mini Nappis, Capris, Simplex, and Thirsties
Xythnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #24
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Good luck mama!
Did you find someone to deliver breech or is the C-section still set?
I'm sorry Violet wont flip for you!

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:10 PM   #25
Xythnia
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So the c-section is scheduled for Monday at 8am. I am having to make myself understand that she knows something that I do not and she will not flip for a reason. Stubborn in the WOMB...better be a calm, lovely little thing when she's out!

Still mourning things like being able to hold my child immediately after birth (I am still going to try hard to see if they will 'let' me...). Trying not to panic about her being whisked away to the nursery for 2+hours before I can see her. Makes me tear up if I think about it but at least the doctor is very confidence in his double suture technique for VBAC after this.

ALL 3 of my sisters will be leaving that same day to go to Vegas with my mom for her birthday. Which is good as I don't think I could deal with people around except DH. It will make things hard on my DS (he will need to miss his college classes Monday) and DD1 as we need him to watch her. My niece is going to help when she get out of her classes as well. We will make the best of it regardless.

I think she still picked her own birthday...after all this waiting and being 'officallly' 42 weeks, I gave in Friday and called the center. They scheduled it for that same day with the hospital and doctor. Then they had to call back and say that things were not working out for that day and it had to be Monday. That means, SOMEHOW, she will arrive my MOMs 72nd birthday! My husband and I share our birthday and now DD2 and Grandma will share a birthday. And we thought she might appear on my DS's birthday, Aug 31st! What the heck!

My mom has DD1 so DH and I have TOTALLY cleaned the house, got the carpets cleaned (gift from mom), rearranged and put as much in order as possible. Place looks great. We are still a little stressed/wobbly from all this...but ready...

Here's to my next post being in the Birth Stories & Announcements section!
Old 09-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #26
spencerrn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

sending spontaneous labor vibes your way and a vertex baby. if not then the best c/s experience possible.
spencerrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:01 AM   #27
Hopper Graphics
Registered Users
Formerly:PurlyQ
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xythnia View Post
So the c-section is scheduled for Monday at 8am. I am having to make myself understand that she knows something that I do not and she will not flip for a reason. Stubborn in the WOMB...better be a calm, lovely little thing when she's out!

Still mourning things like being able to hold my child immediately after birth (I am still going to try hard to see if they will 'let' me...). Trying not to panic about her being whisked away to the nursery for 2+hours before I can see her. Makes me tear up if I think about it but at least the doctor is very confidence in his double suture technique for VBAC after this.

ALL 3 of my sisters will be leaving that same day to go to Vegas with my mom for her birthday. Which is good as I don't think I could deal with people around except DH. It will make things hard on my DS (he will need to miss his college classes Monday) and DD1 as we need him to watch her. My niece is going to help when she get out of her classes as well. We will make the best of it regardless.

I think she still picked her own birthday...after all this waiting and being 'officallly' 42 weeks, I gave in Friday and called the center. They scheduled it for that same day with the hospital and doctor. Then they had to call back and say that things were not working out for that day and it had to be Monday. That means, SOMEHOW, she will arrive my MOMs 72nd birthday! My husband and I share our birthday and now DD2 and Grandma will share a birthday. And we thought she might appear on my DS's birthday, Aug 31st! What the heck!

My mom has DD1 so DH and I have TOTALLY cleaned the house, got the carpets cleaned (gift from mom), rearranged and put as much in order as possible. Place looks great. We are still a little stressed/wobbly from all this...but ready...

BIG HUGS!!! My cesarean was 9/17 5 years ago. If you haven't already, please see if you have a local ICAN chapter. Having a local group to vent/cry/etc with is so incredibly therapeutic.

Sending easy recovery and calming vibes your way, mama. If you need to talk, please don't hesitate to message me.
Hopper Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:27 AM   #28
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xythnia

Why do they take them to the nursery? I would ask that she not leave the or. There is no reason for her to. With my first they took her and my mom went with her. I was left alone being sewn up. It seemed like forever. With my 2nd they kept him in the or. Mom and DH stayed. We all went to recovery together. Then he was breathing too fast and they wouldn't let me hold him for almost an hour. But at least I got to see him during that time.

I hope everything goes smoothly for you mama! Are you going to have them do a quick US before they start?
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:28 PM   #29
Xythnia
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607 View Post
Why do they take them to the nursery? I would ask that she not leave the or. There is no reason for her to.

**SNIP**

I hope everything goes smoothly for you mama! Are you going to have them do a quick US before they start?
It is hospital policy - period. They immediately take them for monitoring and warming and other BS. I've talked to nurses and written to the hospital as well. That is why I really wanted to go to the further out hospital, but my doc doesn't deliver there and I couldn't get in with one with such short notice that did. And I am finally late enough that *I* know I am late...so I don't want this to continue longer with her in such a bad position (she is mostly footling breech but has floated into transverse too, which is SO not good...)

I will talk to them when I admit as well and worse case scenario, the fact that I will call out for her will be ignored and DH will follow her to the nursery, as we have been told he is 'allowed' to do...

Definitely having an US before the C/S. That one last hope!
Old 09-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #30
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Write up a birth plan, I had a cs for my last three babies and didn't know you can have a birth plan for a c/s. I made one with my last baby and made three copies, one for the dr, one for the nurses and one for my baby book. The dr signed it and they followed it all except I was told that we could not take pics of the c/s or take any video. But everything else I wanted, they followed, it was really great.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote