Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-01-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
Arizonah13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wanting to add a few larger OS diapers and overnight options

My daughter is a fairly large (almost) 16 month old. About 27lbs. Right now her BG 4.0's fit, but aren't as roomy as the Blueberry pockets or Thirsties duo covers/prefold diapers we have.

Since she has become older, she has decided that diaper changing is for the birds, so I was hoping to use fewer prefolds/covers and more pockets or even AIOs.

I just ordered 2 OS Simplex diapers hoping they fit similarly to Blueberry and 2 Thirsties Duo pocket diapers. Did I make the right choice?

I'm also considering trying a Kawaii or two since I've heard those tend to run large, but there are so many to choose from! Any favorites?

Also, we've been using Huggies snug & dry for her overnight diaper, but those are VERY full in the morning (sometimes leaking) and I'd like to upgrade her to cloth overnight. She does tinkle a lot at night and it would have to last at least 10 hours. Also, I'd prefer to stick with pockets/AIOs if possible.

Do you think the 2 brands I've already ordered (with the appropriate level of doublers/stuffing) would work overnight? Also, which extra stuffing should I buy/use? I also ordered 2 Thirsties hemp prefolds after hearing rave reviews, so I was thinking those might be good.

Thanks for any advice!

Advertisement

Carolyn - Lucky wife to my sweetheart and even luckier mama to my sweet, long-awaited baby girls! (May 2011, my 9.15 lb c/s baby and November 2012, my little 7.10 lb vbac peanut). I'll never forget my three angels.
Arizonah13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:51 PM   #2
KimA
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wanting to add a few larger OS diapers and overnight options

You could also try the Knickernappies one size pockets. They fit past 40lbs and they have great inserts, the Superdoo for overnight and the Loopydo for daytime that fit great in them.
The Thirsties Duo size 2 should be pretty good. The sized FuzziBunz might work as well. They are much more generous in sizing than the one size are.
KimA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
Arizonah13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wanting to add a few larger OS diapers and overnight options

I'll definitely take a look at the Knickernappies! Do you know if any stores are having any deals on them this weekend?

Do you (or anyone else reading) know anything about the Simplex diapers and/or Kawaii?

Thanks again!
Carolyn - Lucky wife to my sweetheart and even luckier mama to my sweet, long-awaited baby girls! (May 2011, my 9.15 lb c/s baby and November 2012, my little 7.10 lb vbac peanut). I'll never forget my three angels.
Arizonah13 is offline   Reply With Quote