View Poll Results: Did you pack cloth diapers for your hospital birth?
Yes! And I would do it again. 23 35.94%
Yes, but I wouldn't in the future. 4 6.25%
Yes, I am expecting my first and packing cloth. 2 3.13%
No, I just use sposies. 35 54.69%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #41
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Did you pack cloth diapers for the hospital?

I didn't start from the beginning with ds1 and CDs. I did with ds2 but I had him at home, if I were to have a hospital birth then yes I'd pack some newborn CDs.

Advertisement

JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:43 PM   #42
AngelElle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm curious.. to those of you that had cloth provided at the hospital, where were the hospitals at? I haven't hear of any like that around here. Actually, I know someone who asked if she could bring cloth and the nurses requested she didn't. We are in Nebraska and cloth is growing here but still not very common.
AngelElle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:03 PM   #43
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I didn't vote because although I did sposies in hospital I would like to take cloth if there is ever a next time.

Until DS it never occurred to me you could use cloth in hospital. Not that it would have mattered with our babies had I known. My first child was an emergency transport and c-section delivery. Hospital was unplanned. My second was a planned home birth but I panicked and went in last minute. My third was scheduled for a section on the 15th. He was delivered by emergency section because of distress on the 9th. We weren't prepared at all for delivery after my regular dr. App't.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:48 PM   #44
Marbie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Well, we took them, but ended up only using one for the going home outfit. I'll pack them next time, too, but I'm still not sure if I will use them or not.

It's actually kind of funny because I decided at the very last minute that I wanted to take them. As in, my husband was taking DS to the neighbors' because we were about to leave for the hospital and at that moment I decided I really wanted to take our nb fluff with us after all. So in the midst of my crazy contractions, I crawled up the stairs and crawled around in the nursery because the contractions were so bad I couldn't stand up. It's funny now thinking about the lengths I went to to get those diapers!
Marbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:53 PM   #45
momtoesther
Registered Users
seller

Our hospital provided terrible fitting velcro fitted diapers, no disposables at all but some parents bring them to avoid the cloth!
Old 12-04-2012, 07:37 AM   #46
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know my hospital provides Pampers. I started packing my hospital bag last week with some cloth in there, but then decided to put them away. I figured it would be easier for me to come home and rest, not start on diaper laundry, especially since I'll be working up until I go into labor.
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:38 AM   #47
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Nope with neither girl and I don't regret it. I did bring a cloth diaper to bring them home in. But that's it. I didn't want someone to have to go home and wash diapers if we ended up having to stay a few days. Both times we only stayed a night but if we were having more babies I still wouldn't bring cloth.
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:51 PM   #48
AngelElle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbie
Well, we took them, but ended up only using one for the going home outfit. I'll pack them next time, too, but I'm still not sure if I will use them or not.

It's actually kind of funny because I decided at the very last minute that I wanted to take them. As in, my husband was taking DS to the neighbors' because we were about to leave for the hospital and at that moment I decided I really wanted to take our nb fluff with us after all. So in the midst of my crazy contractions, I crawled up the stairs and crawled around in the nursery because the contractions were so bad I couldn't stand up. It's funny now thinking about the lengths I went to to get those diapers!
That is so funny! Labor makes you do crazy things. My water broke at McDonald's and I took my apple pie with me to the hospital. Yours sounds a lot more sensible and practical
AngelElle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:10 PM   #49
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't for my last 2 because I didn't want to come home and have to wash diapers immediately just to have enough, I have a pretty big nb stash this time though, so I'll probably give it a try as long as we don't have to stay very long.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:20 AM   #50
angelhaiku
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't think I will. I'll just use the ones they provide until they're gone, then we'll start up cloth once we get home.
angelhaiku is offline   Reply With Quote