Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2012, 12:08 PM   #11
Arizonah13's Avatar
Arizonah13
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 597
My Mood:
Re: Really want to try overnight diapering for my heavy wetting toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMamaKaty View Post
This may be totally different from what you're looking for, but what about the nighttime Super Undies? They're supposed to be able to handle even older kids overnight!
Those sound good - the only thing I wish they had is side snaps. DD is at an age where trying to pull undie-esque bottoms onto her is a huge pain in the butt. (I had to do it with swim diapers - it was no fun)

Advertisement

__________________
Carolyn - Lucky wife to my sweetheart and even luckier mama to my sweet, long-awaited baby girls! (May 2011, my 9.15 lb c/s baby and November 2012, my little 7.10 lb vbac peanut). I'll never forget my three angels.
Arizonah13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #12
Sarahknavy's Avatar
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Whidbey Island, WA
Posts: 1,301
Re: Really want to try overnight diapering for my heavy wetting toddler

Wool scares me too!!! I use Dancing bears fleece covers for nighttime.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/dancingbears

you can wash them with your regular laundry too, so If you do laundry daily, you could only buy one. We have two and wash with our diapers every other day. No special treatment needed.

We use a mother's ease airflow cover as our back up cover. Not that it is second rate, but we just bought it as something else to try. It holds everything in.

We also bought some microfleece from JoAnns and cut it to match the shape of our fitteds(sandy's bamboo) and that is our stay dry and it works perfectly. We do use one bamboo insert with the fitted on our 24 lb 15 mo old. So you may want some inserts too.
__________________
Mom to Isaac born 5-24-11 and Leah 2-19-13
Sarahknavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:22 PM   #13
Arizonah13's Avatar
Arizonah13
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 597
My Mood:
Re: Really want to try overnight diapering for my heavy wetting toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahknavy View Post
Wool scares me too!!! I use Dancing bears fleece covers for nighttime.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/dancingbears

you can wash them with your regular laundry too, so If you do laundry daily, you could only buy one. We have two and wash with our diapers every other day. No special treatment needed.

We use a mother's ease airflow cover as our back up cover. Not that it is second rate, but we just bought it as something else to try. It holds everything in.

We also bought some microfleece from JoAnns and cut it to match the shape of our fitteds(sandy's bamboo) and that is our stay dry and it works perfectly. We do use one bamboo insert with the fitted on our 24 lb 15 mo old. So you may want some inserts too.
Fleece covers sound GREAT! I had no idea they were even an option! Do they work the same as wool? (minus the upkeep it sounds like)

And I like the idea of making my own stay-dry barrier!

thanks!!
__________________
Carolyn - Lucky wife to my sweetheart and even luckier mama to my sweet, long-awaited baby girls! (May 2011, my 9.15 lb c/s baby and November 2012, my little 7.10 lb vbac peanut). I'll never forget my three angels.
Arizonah13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:58 PM   #14
Sarahknavy's Avatar
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Whidbey Island, WA
Posts: 1,301
Re: Really want to try overnight diapering for my heavy wetting toddler

I am not a wool expert... but I know they are made to be a substitute for wool. They made ones that are "night time weight" which means a heavier fabric.

http://www.circleofmoms.com/cloth-di...overs-463447#_
__________________
Mom to Isaac born 5-24-11 and Leah 2-19-13
Sarahknavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #15
Arizonah13's Avatar
Arizonah13
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 597
My Mood:
Re: Really want to try overnight diapering for my heavy wetting toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahknavy View Post
I am not a wool expert... but I know they are made to be a substitute for wool. They made ones that are "night time weight" which means a heavier fabric.

http://www.circleofmoms.com/cloth-di...overs-463447#_
Thank you very much for the additional info!
__________________
Carolyn - Lucky wife to my sweetheart and even luckier mama to my sweet, long-awaited baby girls! (May 2011, my 9.15 lb c/s baby and November 2012, my little 7.10 lb vbac peanut). I'll never forget my three angels.
Arizonah13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #16
jessnic's Avatar
jessnic
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,553
I used to be scared of wool. But once I learned how to lanolize it is super easy. But I also love fleece. I have both and use it based on random whims at bedtime lol

On my smart phone which is clearly not as smart as it seems to believe
__________________
Married to my best friend, living the navy wife life, and loving every minute of being a SAHM to DS (born July 2011)!
jessnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:24 PM   #17
Arizonah13's Avatar
Arizonah13
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 597
My Mood:
Re: Really want to try overnight diapering for my heavy wetting toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessnic View Post
I used to be scared of wool. But once I learned how to lanolize it is super easy. But I also love fleece. I have both and use it based on random whims at bedtime lol

On my smart phone which is clearly not as smart as it seems to believe
I've been doing some research on lanolizing and cleaning wool today, so now I feel a little less fearful. ;-) I even ordered one of the Disana wool covers and 2 fitted diapers (one of the snapless Sbish and one bamboo motherease). I figure I can add some extra inserts with those as well.

I also found a pattern that looks semi-easy for fleece soakers, so I'm going to give that a shot so I'll have at least 2 covers and can decide which I like best.


If anyone has any further suggestions for fitted diapers and/or good additional stuffers for overnight, I'm alllll ears!
__________________
Carolyn - Lucky wife to my sweetheart and even luckier mama to my sweet, long-awaited baby girls! (May 2011, my 9.15 lb c/s baby and November 2012, my little 7.10 lb vbac peanut). I'll never forget my three angels.
Arizonah13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #18
laineypaige's Avatar
laineypaige
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 380
My Mood:
Re: Really want to try overnight diapering for my heavy wetting toddler

My flats are flour sack towels from Target And they work great. I was scared of wool too, but I found some cheap wool soakers on FSOT and bought them, thinking "if I hate it or screw it up, at least I didn't waste too much money". The one I love is a WAHM one, but I don't know who made it. The bamboo worked amazingly too. They are alva bamboo inserts, so trim and super absorbent. Tonight, believe it or not, I'm trying a flat folded with a bamboo insert just under the wool, and I think it'll hold. I've been amazed at how well the flour sack towels work, and they were so cheap!! I'd give it a try! And I haven't had to do anything to the wool soaker yet, the sweet mama I bought it from washed and lanolized it before she sent it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonah13 View Post
What type of flats do you use? And wool scares me! Both the upkeep/care and the price to be honest. Do you have any wool tips? Or have a brand or seller that makes a good wool cover?

And I'd love to know how the bamboo inserts work for you! (and which ones you're using)

Thanks!!



I like that you're able to use a pocket overnight! (although we do have some BG 4.0's and I don't think they'd fit her that well if we really stuffed them to capacity. But I definitely like the idea of her having some a dry feeling overnight.
Which hemp inserts do you prefer?

Thanks!!
__________________
Mama to Caleb (6/23/09) and Ethan (12/20/10)
laineypaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #19
Arizonah13's Avatar
Arizonah13
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 597
My Mood:
Re: Really want to try overnight diapering for my heavy wetting toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by laineypaige View Post
My flats are flour sack towels from Target And they work great. I was scared of wool too, but I found some cheap wool soakers on FSOT and bought them, thinking "if I hate it or screw it up, at least I didn't waste too much money". The one I love is a WAHM one, but I don't know who made it. The bamboo worked amazingly too. They are alva bamboo inserts, so trim and super absorbent. Tonight, believe it or not, I'm trying a flat folded with a bamboo insert just under the wool, and I think it'll hold. I've been amazed at how well the flour sack towels work, and they were so cheap!! I'd give it a try! And I haven't had to do anything to the wool soaker yet, the sweet mama I bought it from washed and lanolized it before she sent it.
Are the flour sack towels actually labeled as flour sack towels? And are they with the bathroom-type towels? Do you remember how much they were?

I actually ended up ordering a wool soaker, so I'm excited to try that with some good stuff packed inside.

Thanks again!
__________________
Carolyn - Lucky wife to my sweetheart and even luckier mama to my sweet, long-awaited baby girls! (May 2011, my 9.15 lb c/s baby and November 2012, my little 7.10 lb vbac peanut). I'll never forget my three angels.
Arizonah13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:26 PM   #20
nursenmom's Avatar
nursenmom
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 648
Re: Really want to try overnight diapering for my heavy wetting toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamommy View Post
I use a BG 4.0 stuffed with a large cotton flat and a joeybunz hemp insert behind it. Its never leaked for my 2 yr old! You may need two hemp inserts for your super soaker. They're amazingly trim and very absorbent.

I use a pocket because I think the suedecloth inner does a good job of keeping their skin feeling dry. I would hate to sleep in a fitted, personally.
This is our exact combo for my 18 month old and 3.5 year old and we have been using it for over a year, it works great. For my older daughter we have moved to happy heiny's and large fuzzibunz and we also use rumparooz in addition to the bg for our pocket.
__________________
Currently a SAHM trying to be the best wife to my amazing hubby, and best mommy to my sweet girls that I can be
nursenmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.