Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-17-2012, 12:58 PM   #131
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Aww Naomi, I'm sorry. Its hard to brush off what everyone else thinks. I wish you lived closer, I would come over with my chaos of children and help you clean because I'm a weirdo and actually enjoy it! (Haha, like we'd get anything at all done... Lol)

Advertisement

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***

Last edited by mommabritt; 09-17-2012 at 03:57 PM.
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:26 PM   #132
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: AUGUST 2011 September Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyuitsme View Post
in a funk. should be cleaning up my monstrosity of a house, but just want to sit on my butt and be useless.
my parents and wayne's parents visited yesterday and we grilled out. had a nice time and my dad and I got away for a while to chat and had a really good talk.
but then i get an email from my mom today (who i usually get along with just fine) and while I know she meant good, I felt really stupid and yucky after her note. She commented on the chaos and mess of our home and mentioned that while her and dad want to visit, they struggle to relax when here. While on the one hand I completely agree and hate the condition of my house, it just hurts me a lot right now. I've have been working sooooo hard to not be so obsessed with what other people might be thinking, to stop driving myself for perfection that I will never achieve, and trying to give myself some slack when family visits (cuz they love us no matter what) and then this.
doesn't help AF is here and kids did not sleep well at all last night.
and I'm not sure I want to even tell wayne about the email cuz I don't want him thinking bad about my mom. I almost want to talk to my dad (who I have a lot of respect for) about this letter and what mom said, but then I don't know if I want to tell him things I have not told my husband.

anyway, that's the deal. sometimes it helps to have a place to dish a little bit without having people who are emotionally attatched to the situation.

so, i'm going back and forth between wanting to crazy clean the whole house ("I'll show here" mentality) and just laying around all afternoon/evening ("I don't care what she thinks" mentality).

either way, just kinda frustrated and very emotional. It took me 3 tries to make it through the whole email, it just made me so upset.
Just a quick word Naomi, sorry that your mom had to email you about her opinion...
And dont focus on pleasing her or not pleasing her; DO what you want to for yourself and home. Please yourself not your mom. If you want to run around and clean do it for you, if you need to chill, do it for you!
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #133
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Britt can you come by and clean my house. I just need someone to vaccuum really.

Naomi--I am so sorry about this happening. I think sometimes moms forget what is like to have 3 young children.

AFM: My mom issue of the day is I still have not told her that I am pregnant yet. Dh and decided not to tell anyone yet but I usually do anyway. I am dreading telling her bc she was so negative when I told her about Peyton. She is so grateful for her and loves all the grandkids--I just do not know why she was so negative about it. In a way I think it was my delivery. I just do not want to have to explain myself, I just want a congratulations.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:00 PM   #134
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ooooh vacuuming is my FAVORITE! It's instant gratification. Sorry about the mom. I really don't get why people have negative reactions to grandchildren. I mean, it's not like she's gonna raise them.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:19 PM   #135
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sorry you are dealing with that Naomi. I think that as long as your kids are happy and healthy then you are doing a great job. Because really who looks back on their life and says wow, I had a clean house. No, you look back at all those memories of fun times you had with your children.

Alison, tough one. Pregnancy announcements should be exciting. I dreaded telling family about Brynn. I waited until my second trimester to tell everyone. My parents were mostly happy. My in laws were not...all they said was how are you going to afford another. Made me feel like crap.

And Britt I love vacuuming, I do about 3 times a day! Mostly because I live with a bunch of animals.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:28 PM   #136
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Lol I like to mop. But someone needs to invent a dishwasing and putting away robot. And the same for laundry...

Well our dog is better but still pukes randomly :s still not back on his kibble yet...

I had a brain freeze at lunch today...could nott figure what to feed the kids!! I was literally pounding my head. Any new ideas??
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:45 PM   #137
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Glad pup is on the mend Hallie! I've been on a salad kick lately- not just green either. Chicken is my fave right now and I have been buying a few canned white meat chicken and mixing it with onion, apple, pepper and salt and a bit of mayo and we love it. I eat it in a wrap, on toast or with crackers. Also, elbow or ditalini noodles with shredded carrot and chopped celery, salt and pepper is basic but yummy. 'boy cheese' is a fave here and I just add what they like. Tomato slice in one, ham in another and plain. They love tomato soup with it and we toss in goldfish. What do your kids like?

Old 09-17-2012, 08:20 PM   #138
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks girlfriends! still a bit of an emotional wreck...just felt unnerved all day long. kids were little basket cases as well this evening, so there was some yelling . but, I'll make it. doesn't help that I hate housework. yes I want a clean home, but nope, don't wanna clean it. cuz that is a recipe for success. :P
Just going to keep trying to plug away at it all. working on purging kid's clothes and toys and even our closet got a pretty good purge a couple weeks ago...I can see the floor in there now!
tomorrow I'm going to focus on laundry...folding, putting away as usual, but more importantly, getting baskets back upstairs for the kids to put their stuff in! sheesh, sydney has clothes all over her floor.
well, off to bed to watch some Avengers comics. wayne bought a couple discs of some new avengers cartoons and I've actually been the one obsessing to watch them at night. so off I go.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:34 PM   #139
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Naomi... I think Carrie made a great point. We are never going to look back and regret not wiping the counter or sweeping the floor. We will regret not spending time with our babies while they're babies. Take it one day at a time mama an give yourself some slack! Your raising a family and it's not an easy job!

Old 09-17-2012, 08:34 PM   #140
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
OMG I am 49 posts away from 5000!