Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #21
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Well three of us are in the nine year marriage boat it seems. Carrie, my relationship has been the same as yours. Almost exactly.

Melissa, Immunobiology??! Wow that is quite a career. StepMIL has MS. You could come and landscape my front and back yards if you want for fun bc I have zero knowledge of the outdoors and my yard suffers bc of it and oooh, I love me some Hawaii. Been twice and would LOVE to go back. Just something magical about that place right? Are you getting excited for your trip?

Oh Carrie so you were stuck with stinky boys! My friends who teach that grade are all grossed out by newly stinky children. I would love get a nursing degree but alas, young children and a military Dh are quite time consuming.

As for Halloween, we usually go TOT-ing but might do the church event this year. Harper is going to be a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader. Dh is a hardcore fan (of the team, not the cheerleaders lol) and someone bought her an 18mo cheer outfit when she was born. Ds1 is going to be a pro soccer player (I will buy him a new Manchester United jersey ad we have the rest), ds2 wants to be Ash Ketchum, the Pokemon trainer. Ds3 wants to be Sharkboy. Gonna be interesting.

Advertisement

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #22
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Re: AUGUST 2011 September Chat

Glad Tommy is better!

Vivian was just fine the next day but we still had the party yesterday. Worked out for everyone anyways. My mom took most of the pics so I have to wait for her to email them to me. Had fun, but it went way too fast. Food was yummy! lol

Playing too---

I was a hairstylist (up until last year) for 11yrs. When I had Vivian, I went to part time working nights and weekends. I did that for 5yrs. Before we moved down here I was working at the salon, and doing daycare at home during the day. It was pretty crazy. Now I am a FTSAHM.

We have been married for 9 years on Thursday! Together for almost 14. Can't believe it's been that long!

Not sure about the live anywhere thing. I know we loved it when we were in the VI's, St Thomas, or Barbados, maybe?

The be anything ? - hmm, I know that I'd love to start a recycling business here in my area. Not very glam, but it's my passion.

Religion is one of those topics I am unsure of. I want to be faithful, but my actions so often do not reflect that. I don't go to any church right now. I'd like to find one though.

I finished my couch finally! Sunday I sewed my little heart out, and made 9 pillows and the slipcovers for them as well. I made them with an overlapping back opening.

It's not glamorous, but it's better than before! Still need to do some tweeking on the couch cover itself, but that's for another day.

Lauren started prek today. It went by so fast!I think she will do well this year. Last year she was so so shy. One more year of preK after this too.
It's lunchtime here, so I'd better get busy.

Last edited by Andbabymakes2; 09-04-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Andbabymakes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:30 AM   #23
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Halloween- Viv wants to be Tinkerbell and idk what I'm doing for Lauren or Evan. I'd like to make them something,but not sure I'd have it done in time.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #24
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Vanessa, I LOVE your pillows!! Love green and love the prints you used, it all looks very fresh. As for faith, I grew up in a church involved family so it was rather easy for me. I realize it's not this way for everyone. I have a confession, I do not recycle. There's not recycle pickup available in town and I never remember to do a separate bin. Maybe you will inspire me to do better.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:06 PM   #25
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Brittney- thanks! I love the green too! can't wait to do some holiday slipcovers as well! We don't really have recycling here. WM takes plastics, but that's it. I have a rubbermaid tower with 4 bins and I sort daily. Then once a month we drive an hour to a great recycling center. I usually have a van full! I just wish my family here would do it, but they won't. (confession- I threw out stuff yesterday, b/c it was convenient..)
Old 09-04-2012, 01:51 PM   #26
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Recycling is second nature to me. I don't remember not doing it. I hit my sister's friend upside the head with a milk container when he put it in the trash. It never occurred to me that not everyone recycles. Whoops.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #27
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ouch! I'm going to be better I swear!!

Old 09-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #28
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Vanessa-It looks great!!!!

We do not have recycling here. When I got here I was dumbfounded!!!! I was like really a town that doesn't have recycling. We moved from a place that you can throw everything in the huge recycling can they gave you and they seperated everything. I was on such a recycling kick. Now boo!!!! everything in the trash.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #29
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh and Vanessa my dh wants to move to Barbados!!!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:30 PM   #30
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma
Vanessa-It looks great!!!!

We do not have recycling here. When I got here I was dumbfounded!!!! I was like really a town that doesn't have recycling. We moved from a place that you can throw everything in the huge recycling can they gave you and they seperated everything. I was on such a recycling kick. Now boo!!!! everything in the trash.
This is us. In Cali there was a recycle bin and a trash bin. That was easy to do. Here they don't have recycling as an option so I don't even think about it.