Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-02-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
nissa
Registered Users
seller

Favorite Diaper Patterns and Supply Sites?

I have a friend going through a really hard time who just made the decision to cloth diaper out of necessity. Thanks to sales at Cotton Babies, Imagine products at Nicki's Diapers and an Amazon card from Crowdtap, I managed to get her a large stash for only $73, with her maybe having to spend $20-$30 more until potty training to upsize just a couple things or add a couple more one-size items. That said, of course her stash will be very simple (covers, prefolds and flats), and I want to hook her up with some diaper patterns in case she wants to try some fancier things, she and her mother can make some.

So, what are your favorite AIO and pocket patterns, and who do you go to online for good quality diaper supplies? Thank you!

Advertisement

nissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
rumblepurr
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning!
My Mood:
Re: Favorite Diaper Patterns and Supply Sites?

My favorite so far is the Darling Diaper pattern. It has so many various ways to make the diaper from side snapping to front, pocket, cover, fitted, AIO. The sizes seem to be accurate, (although I would say the smallest pattern is a newborn, not the next size up which says newborn LOL). I also like her free newborn patterns, for those who simply need to fill in that stage (the paid pattern is a bit longer in the wings and is nicer though). The DD pattern is easier to serge than the comet tail patterns, but the comet tail diaper cover does come with a gusset. Baa baa baby diaper is a little short in the waist IMO, and I ended up adding 1.5 inches to the wings. There are so many resources out there for free diaper patterns that it is amazing! Essentially, you don't need to buy a pattern, because there are so many free ones available, but it is helpful to have one with all the instructions etc. The hardest thing is finding the right fit for your baby. My last was one I tried every thing with because he had big thighs and a tiny waist, from the get go. So Kissaluvs didn't work at all on him and I ended up having to redo his stash many times and trying many patterns to find one that fit him without having leaks or red marks.

For online retailers I have had good success with:
http://www.diapersewingsupplies.com/
http://kidsinthegarden.com/
http://www.naturesfabrics.com/

I had others but seem to be out of stock for a while now.
rumblepurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:30 PM   #3
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

So glad to read the above, I bought the DD pattern but haven't ever used it.

Jalie and Kwik Sew are very well reviewed at PatternReview.com but DD has more options.

I was just popping in to recommend the Diaper Sewing Divas website, or the craft chat forum, to get more answers. I never get many answers in this forum about sewing diapers.
TrennaII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:11 AM   #4
tentrevival
Registered Users
seller

LaDiDa is the best. It just fits so good, and has a lot of great instructions. for only $8.50.

http://www.ladidadiapers.com/?page_id=2

I get my PUL, elastic, and touch tape at KidsintheGarden.com, my bamboo at NaturesFabrics.com, and my snaps at kamsnaps.com.
Wife to RJ, who makes the world a beautiful place. Adoring Momma to Efrim Phoenix, my little prince (8-17-09), Julian Russell, my wild thing (11-04-10), Oscar Pax, our little bear (8-16-13), and missing Lucy Soul (1-29-12)
tentrevival is offline   Reply With Quote