Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-07-2007, 10:58 PM   #1
massage mama
Registered Users
pregnancy baby position discomfort

I am 34 weeks pregnant and very uncomfortable because the baby lies between my right ribs and my hip bone. Causes me to hike up my left hip to open that area up. I think it is the head. i am worried there will be something wrong with this baby.
But my midwife doesn't want to send me for a U/S until 36 weeks because it could still turn until then.
But 2 weeks of this I am almost in tears as I right this.
has anyone had this issue. I think the baby is in a transverse position with its head between my ribs and hip bone. Yuck!
My DS was head down from 26 weeks. So this is freaking me out a little. ..a lot

massage mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:05 PM   #2
Thrice Blessed
Registered Users
My Mood:
Wink Re: pregnancy baby position discomfort

does it feel like you have something stuck up under the same ribs, or am I misunderstanding? I'm sure nothing is wrong with the baby, mama. My babies all sat in funky positions-I think it's b/c I have a funky shaped uterus.
Cheryl, wife of Doug (11/96) and SAHM to Sweet Pea(9/99), my little princess with DownSyndrome, hydrocephalus, and ALL, my Little Dude(8/04), and my sweet Little Fella (11/06)
Thrice Blessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:12 PM   #3
Registered Users
Re: pregnancy baby position discomfort

Oh my youngest was in a bad position for sooooo long that I begged the doc to take him out for almost a month. He would push on my back and just kill me anytime I was in a position other than standing-then when I was standing he would use my bladder as a punching/kicking bag-that we actually got on US-little stinker would punch and punch, then suck his thumb, then punch and punch and suck his thumb. Hate to say it, my son was difficult from conception and he is still difficult at 12.5 yrs old-he has a very challenging personallity that even my OB was laughing about-he would turn him, little stinker would turn right back to the position he wanted to be in-he still has a mind of his own.
I am sure there is nothing wrong with the baby, he/she just wants to be in that position or it is the position he/she has gotten into and now can't move til things get started toward delivery.
Brenda~WIFE to Will for 22 yrs, April 5, 1986~SAHM to Derek 18, Michael 13.5~Fostermom to newborns awaiting adoption
fostermomcchr is offline   Reply With Quote